Thursday, March 19, 2009

10 YeArS....







I am going to be a little bit mushy here, so bear with me.



I have been married for 10 years TODAY!



Really-I have, to the same guy even.






We met in College. I thought that I was hot stuff.



Maybe I should say that WE thought that we were hot stuff.



I lived in a house with 8 girls-we thought that we were cool.



(don't deny it Karen-you know I am right)



Everybody came to our house, we were the hot spot in Orem.



(lame I know-you can laugh-I would)



My husband had never been to the House of 9-so I had never met him.



He was dragged to a Family Home Evening with one of his roommates.



It was there that I met him.



We played get to know you games and he had to compliment me for 60 seconds.



I say that it was then that he fell head over heals for me-but maybe it was when I told him that he needed to give me flowers.



Or maybe it was the Sumday Afternoon that I called his house and asked him to drop everything to come and pick me up and take me all the way home and then bring me back to provo.



(this was about a 5 hour round trip)



Needless to say, he got up and left Sunday dinner to come and get me.



Yep-his Mom loved me!!!



Or maybe it was the time that we laughed all night, or when I threw leaves in his face or when I heart attacked his beloved truck or maybe it was just my beautiful good looks, charming personality and wit.



Whatever the reason-He fell head over heals-and so did I.






I can't imagine my life without him.



He cheers me up when I am sad.



He lets me spend his money on crap from the D.I. even though he thinks it's stupid-but he knows it makes me happy.



He plays with our girls, read stories ALL the time and is truly their prince charming!



He makes me Laugh-a lot.



He tells me I am beautiful, even when I look like CRAP!
He kisses my neck, tells me I smell good and always notices when I get my hair done.



He hates it that I love to shop and buy new clothes that I don't need-but he ALWAYS tells me that I look nice in them-even though I didn't need them. :)



He is the guy in every country song, he makes my heart melt and all of you should be jealous!






I am grateful to this Man who makes me happy and puts up with me.



Tells me to take a nap, buys me chocolate when he can hear the bad day in my voice.



I love that he tries to fix it all-even when he knows he can't-he still tries.



I love that he loves his Mom so much, and misses his Dad more than he will ever admit.



I love this man who makes me try harder, work harder, do a little more and keep going even when I don't want too.



I love you babe.



Can't wait for the next 50 years!






PS-dont' worry-you can give me a new diamond for our 11th!!



19 comments:

Julie@My5monkeys said...

congrats on making on 10 years. :)

Megan said...

Happy Anniversary!

Lewaina@cliffsideranch said...

Yes, Congrats on the 1st 10!! This year will be our 30th, and you know what? I feel just like you do! Thank Heavens for GOOD MEN! We are both blessed! It just gets better and better and better!!!! You really truly can't ever have enough of a good thing huh! ♥

Jen~ Lipstick and Laundry said...

COOL... Happy Anniversary!

Karen said...

I'm all verclemped!

Julie said...

Congratulations on 10 years Happy Anniversary:)
julie

Team Heaton said...

Aaaaah (sigh) the memories! :) We were just excited that your married name would be just as awesome! Congrats, my friend. I love hearing how he still makes you just as happy (and more) as you were the day you met him. I can't believe it's been 10 years!!

Mindy said...

Happy 10th Anniversary!

Christina said...

Congratulations on your 10 years!

Happy, happy day!

Crazycozartclan said...

Okay... so we totally thought we were hot stuff! But we were! Any place with nine single girls that cooks peach cobler and has an actual house with no dorm rule just is the hot spot! It's not our fault that we are awesome. I'm so happy for you guys. Ten years went by fast. Crazy to think were both there the nights we met our hubbies. 10 years for us too this year. Did you guys go anywhere fun? Tell the hubbs congrats from us!

Chelsie said...

happy anniversary!!! 10 years...craziness! i rather heart you and kal also, you're pretty fabulous. did you decide on the muddy buddies then? i think it's only fitting that you eat muddy buddies during the process right? love ya

Bonnie the Boss said...

He is a good hubby and you are a great wife! Happy Anniversary!

Tonya said...

Happy Anniversary!!!

Unknown said...

Humph... I've been sick for 2 weeks, and in that time I've gone through 3 boxes of kleenex.. and they're all gone now.. and then you go and post that... and I'm gonna have to use my sleeve.

Nicole Leifson - Jensen said...

Congrats Tausha! I can still remember the cute twitter-pated look on your face when he showed up with those flowers. You were a gonner! Wishing you 10 more years +Living Happily Ever After .

Beth at Aunties said...

Happy anniversary!

Lori said...

Happy Anniversary!

Jessica G. said...

Happy Anniversary!

Hey, we celebrate 10 years in May! Some days it seems like I've never lived without him.

Mrs B said...

Dear gorgeous Tausha,
I just want to tell you that you are fabulous & that I'm going to stalk you via your blog since I rarely ever see you. Though I do need to get some MK stuff & some of those VT things, so I will be in touch more often. I hope you won't smack me if I link you to my blog. :) You are lovely.
Jaime