Wednesday, April 15, 2009

I am still LAME!

You would think that I would do better after my late, lame, last post.
Apparenlty not.
Sorry.
Maybe none of you really care and I just flattering myself.

So, I do have some pics but I am too lazy to upload them.
That is pathetic I know.
Actually, I don't even know where my camera is.
I did take pics of this weekend. Not a lot, but some count, right?

I have to share what happened to us last week.

I was down watching a movie with the kiddos.
I look down and there is a little mouse scurring across the tile floor, follows the floor boards and hides out behind the tv.

Well, you would have thought that this thing was a muskrat the way I FREAKED out.
I immediately called my husband hyperventalating.
He told me to chill, I told him to come home right now and get rid of the mouse.
He told me to go upstairs and not think about it.
Ok, that is like asking me to not go shopping when there is a sale.
So, I called my Dad.
I thought for sure he would come running down to help his daughter in distress.
Yea, NO. He laughed.
I told him if I was Shawni, he would come.
He assured me he wouldn't.
(she is my sister and the golden one. Pretty sure that she could ask my dad for gas money and he would STILL give it to her. She is married with a baby.)
Obviously I am not bitter or anything.

So-the big girls got home from school and the mouse was still holed up behind the tv.
I didn't tell them.
I just let them and their little friends watch the movie and think that all was well.
Then they all shrieked.
All 6 of them.
It was AWESOME!
They tried to catch the mouse.
They tried to hit it with a stick.
They were much braver than I.
NOne of their ideas worked either.

It was then 5 o'clock and my knight in shining armor was home.
He set a couple traps and waited for the mouse to eat the peanut butter.
Guess what, it didn't want peanut butter.
So-we both sat in the room waiting for the stupid thing to come out from behind the tv.
My super smart husband tried to "herd" it outside.
Since it was not a dog, it didn't work.
DUH! He should have listenend to me.
So-he got out the vacuum.
He was trying to suck it up with my Dyson.
He thought he had it corned until it ran across my foot!!!!!
EEEEWWWWWWW!
I was standing on the couch quicker than he could blink.
My speed was really quite impressive.

Husband chased it into a corner with a blanket.
It was in the folds of the stupid thing.
I was screaming and freaking out.
My husband was laughing and trying to "suck" up the little thing at the same time.

Finally, he picked up the blanket ever so carefully and shook it outside.
The little mouse ran away as fast as it's little legs could carry it.

I am really hoping it went and told all of it's little friends that a freaky lady lives there who has a very powerful vacuum and she is so not afraid to use it.

14 comments:

sariqd said...

I'm sorry but that was really funny!

Julie@My5monkeys said...

thats funny and no you aren't lame at all.

Lewaina@cliffsideranch said...

HA! I not the only person in blog land to have a mouse!!! I feel so much better now that you have shared you "misery" with all of us!!! :-) LOL!!!!!Why is it that mice come in this time of year???? This is a draw back of spring, as well as living in an OLD house.....Your story was FUNNY!!!
You should try a chocolate chip on your trap, or some raw baccon....yes, they both work....we use peanutbutter with a chocolate chip smashed really tight into the peanutbutter! nasty little rodants!

Jen said...

That is flippin' hilarious! I love how you tell a story!! At our old house, we would get mice that would nest in our fireplace. Hubby would like to baracade them with a couple of 2x4's and then make them run really fast back and forth. It makes them have a heart attack and literally blow up. Gross huh?!

Team Heaton said...

It's been waaaaay too long since you last posted. I was getting worried! Glad you're alive - even after the mouse incident.

Amanda@Imperfectly Beautiful said...

oHmYgOsH!!! I can totally relate. I was laughing so hard when reading this story, because the EXACT thing happened to me. I saw the mouse, screamed, jumped up on the kitchen table, called hubby at work to come home and get it...and he had the nerve to get mad at me! WHAT? Of course, I expected him to drop everything and drive 25 minutes to get home, kill the mouse, and drive back to work. Is that too much to ask from the woman who gave birth to your children? NO...I think NOT!

Crazycozartclan said...

What is a muskrat anyway? I guess it really was a good thing it wasn't one of those.

Bonnie the Boss said...

Great post taush! I am sorry I am laughing too. I am not a very good friend!

Sarah said...

Tausha, too funny! I'm glad that in the end, you got the best of little mousie.

Mrs B said...

That cracks me up. You'll have to read my mouse story sometime. A little similar but I wish I would've had a slew of girls here to shriek with me. :)

Teresa Allen said...

Glad to hear you survived! You are hilarious! The adventures just never stop now do they. Remember when our basement flooded in Orem and we danced in it? That was so much fun.
PS... I tried to call you the other day but your phone said it was disconnected??

Chelsie said...

oh my heavens i would have freaked out too!!! ahh! i love that the girls tried to get it...oh i heart them! love ya

WWW.LIGHTINGTHEWEB.COM said...

That story is great the best part of it the part where you got a kick out of messing with your kids. Thanks for sheding light on the mighty mouse.

Jessica G. said...

HAHAHAHAHA!!
Love that all six girls freaked out at once!