Monday, May 11, 2009

And now back to our regularly scheduled programming.....

I am now going to be better at crafty blogging.
I used to be really good at this. Really, I did.
I used to do all kinds of fun stuff with spray paint, paper, you name it, I did it. (or at least tried to do it)
I still do these things.
I really do, I promise!!!
I just don't show it.
Why?
Mostly because I forget to take pics.
I am so lame!
So, I am going to be better. I am going to take picture of all kinds of my creations-and do this crazy, unheard of thing.
POST THEM!!
Crazy huh???
So-I thought that I would start with the most random thing.

It is finally past mothers day.
Yes, I love the attention-but I love the fact that I can finally plant my flowers!!!
YES!!!!
So-I did just that.
Well, I am one of those weird people.
I can't just plant pretty flowers in plain old pots.
NOpe-I must spray paint my pots a different color every year.
Awesome!!
I also, must decorate my porch.
It's a sickness really.
I can't just use pots and normal things.
I must use weird things.
Like oh, I don't know, a dresser.
Yep-a broken dresser.



See? I told you.
It was once a dresser that worked, but the drawer fronts keep falling off.
No matter how much glue and nails and staples I or my hunny use.
So-lets use it as decor.


This is whole porch with all the pots and the lovely flower on the door.
The front door needs some TLC-it's next on the list.

The pic below-my little weatherd chair, holding a newly spray painted pot and a bucket from a garage sale holding another spray painted lovely.


What do you think?
Do you like it?
It makes me happy.
Did you notice the open mouth frog?
they bring good luck.
At least, that is what my facorite aunt told me.
I love her, so I believe her.
So, if you don't have one-go and try to find one.
We all need all the luck we can get.
Now, I just need to find a statue that brings skinness to my house.
Any ideas?


PS-these little cuties are my May Visiting Teaching Kits.
Go and clik on my Etsy to get some.

PPS-I am going to be featured on Mormon Mommy Blogs for a giveaway on the 18th! They have great giveaways. So-make sure you and go and see.

Have a great day!!! I will be back later with more creations-I hope!!










8 comments:

Lewaina@cliffsideranch said...

Way cute! I need my daughters to come see you post today! I love the way you have your porch decorated! Way to go Woman!♥

Megan said...

So. Question. When you paint a dresser, do you always spray paint it? I painted Annabelle's a while ago and it looks terrible where the drawers slide in and out. Didn't know if spray paint would work better. I am looking to possibly paint another dresser and wanted your EXPERTISE advice :) Sanding? You know, all that junk. Pretty please?!

Sarah said...

Fabulous!

Chris said...

How CUTE is that little dresser?! I love the colors of the pots...just adorable!

Jillybean said...

I love the polka dot flower pot!

A teacher once told my son that doing the homework but then not turning it in is like not doing it at all.

So, I guess we could say that making the craft and not posting a picture is like not making the craft at all?

;0)

Crazycozartclan said...

Fun porch. I'm still working on the yard. The pots haven't been filled yet. Thanks for the ideas. Is that the dresser from our college days? Way to recycle.

Em said...

I love the dresser! Hang you clothes to dry out there... who cares! I would totally hang a tankini from a dresser knob ;)

Holly said...

I absolutely adore your porch. So cute!! I'm moving out of a townhouse into a house and this was just the inspiration I needed to decorate my new digs. Thanks for the post....now I gotta hit some yard sales and see if I can find a broken dresser for my porch:)