Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Look what my Mom did

Her group that she ran with. Notice-most of them are my age. (i know I am a slacker)

Proud grandma hugging her grandkids! They were thrilled!


Alright, I am a little biased here.
She is my mom, but I thinking running a half marathon and not passing out or throwing up is pretty awesome!!
She is already my hero-but now she is my IDOL! :)
My mom is pretty great.
Just this year she has learned how to sew, peiced together a quilt that is super cute, and now she can add ran a marathon!


Go MOM! YOU ROCK!!!


PS-did I mention that at this time last year she could do none of the above?
Also-last week at this time she did NOT have platinum hair. It was a good thing that she did that-we would have never been able to see her come in from the race.

PPS-She turned 50 this December.
Like I said-she ROCKS!
I need to get one of those bumper stickers made up that says my mom is cooler than your mom.

(Can you tell that I am proud?)

13 comments:

Small House said...

WOOT - WOOT! to your mom!
It's great that your girls can see their grandma do this.

The pictures of your kids are wonderful.
Have a good day.
Sandra

Sarah said...

Go Sister Toyn! I love it - you're mom is fabulous.

The Huffies said...

Go Marci! That's awesome...Kori did it too - I guess we better get our butts in gear for next year. BTW- you won on my blog...stay tuned for what you get :) Hope you're doing well

Anonymous said...

You should be so PROUD!!! what a great thing...and what a cute mom!!
:)

Jen said...

Way to go Marci! Only your Mom can pull of platinum hair!!

Julie said...

Wow my hat is off to your Mom she rocks!!!!
julie

Karen said...

You totally should be proud of your awesome Mom! Doesn't she give you some serious inspiration?

Mrs B said...

Yeah!! She was awesome!! She kept me going! Email me that picture. NOW! Please? :)

Chelsie said...

way to go marc!!! i'm so proud of her, that is such an accomplishment!!! Maybe we should set a goal for us to do it next summer? what do you think?

Crazycozartclan said...

Wahoo! You rock. I've been running a couple of miles in the mornings and then I feel like I need to sleep the rest of the day to make up for it. You go girl!

Connie said...

How awesome!~ So nex you'll be joining her right? ;)

Anonymous said...

YES!! I can help you-----vt kits?
what are those anyways...lol

email me!
Sixthwest@hotmail.com

logbag said...

she is awesome and so is my little sis!