Tuesday, June 2, 2009

You know any post that starts out with a picture of spray paint has to be good-right?
This beauty is called "Mediterranean" by Valspar.
Oh-I think I love it. I am looking around trying to find more things to paint this color.
So....this is what I did with it I cut a hole in a chair from a yard sale. The chair cost me $2.00!
(Who am I kidding-my hunny cut the whole)
I so could have, and I was going to, but he wouldn't let me.

Then I stuck a pot of flowers in it.
I love it!! My dad says it looks like a porta potty-so, I guess it has two uses, if push comes to shove.
Who knew my treasures could be categorized in Emergency Preparedness. :)


I know, I am little late in doing this. There are lot of fabulous bloggers who have already done this-I just never found the right thing to use.
Until Saturday.
This beauty of a tray was 50 cents!! (the guy even threw in a bucket of nails for free-a girl can never have too many nails-right)
Anyway-the center if a mirror-
I just got out the yummy butter color spray paint and my second best friend-chalk board paint.




This is what it ended up like. I so love it! It looks super cute in my kitchen.
My kids want me to put the menu on it.
I told them maybe.
If I do this, I will be much more obligated to make dinner.
No girl wants to be tied down like that!!



Hope you all have a great day!!!

PS-I have new kits listed in Etsy!



13 comments:

Megan said...

Porty potty? Kind of. Birthing chair? Yes. Maybe I will have to borrow it cause I don't think most hospitals around here have those ;) Love your creativeness as usual.

Unknown said...

VERY CUTE!!!! I wish I could figure out how to make treasures like that!

Unknown said...

LOVE LOVE that color! You are so dang creative, That chair turned out adorable! I love looking at your blog :)

Jen~ Lipstick and Laundry said...

I love the chair color and the new chalkboard is SUPER cute!!

ThE fRoNkS!... said...

I like the porta shitter! Ha.. It looks way cute, and I think it would be so cute to put the menu on the plate, who cares if it says 'get your own'!

Chris said...

Oh, I love it! That chair/planter is too cute! I love that color, too.

Mrs B said...

Love it, little miss talented! PS- Your $ is at QQP- Thanks again!

Beth@The Stories of A to Z said...

So cute! I'd forgotten about the chair planter idea. Arg. We just had our city's bulk trash pick-up day with tons of free chairs and I was racking my brain with how I could use them. I knew I should have just grabbed them! Anyhow, so cute. Love it and thanks for visiting me today :).

Lori said...

Finally checking in...
Love the spray paint, who knew Valspar had spray paint - I am going to be painting things soon, going to have to check it out. Thanks for the tips!

Christina said...

Great projects. Love the color of both. Spray paint plus creativity rocks!!

Mandi Shandi said...

I just wanted to swing by an introduce myself! I appreciate you visiting my blog and am glad you were inspired by my Weight Watchers Wednesdays. I have been dragging my feet as of late. I have about 50 lbs. more that I want to lose,but 29 so far is pretty darn good. I will put a pic up next week and give some of my favorite tips for you, so check back on Wednesday.

Love your chair. I have almost the exact same one, but it is green apple. LOVE it!

Bonnie the Boss said...

I love the platter.

Bonnie the Boss said...

Crap, I was going to write something else, but after a week of being gone it is like I forgot how to blog! I am glas the chair worked! so cute, I noticed it the other day and was going to tell you but forgot!