Thursday, July 23, 2009

Craft Room Extadroniaire!

ok-so these before pics are so very embarrassing.
Yes, I did take them when the room was at it's worst, but still.
Embarrassing.
No, I promise, I don't live like a pig. (usually)

Here is my dilemma with this room. I have a green wall.
NO big deal right? Just paint it. Easy fix
Well, the lovely homeowners before us, loved this green color so much, they put in matching carpet.
I can't replace the carpet. Not in the near future anyway.
So, I kept the green wall. I figure it makes the putrid carpet look less bad. (i know, terrible grammar)
Here is the first before and after. I thought, instead of fighting the wall, I would work with it.Yes-I LOVE old windows. The best part about this love. I can get them for free.
So, I have quite the stash. I use them for clients all the time, so I hung some for easy access. When I use them up, I will just hang some more. Plus, I love how they look.
I also have a tendency to buy frames. I love chunky ones, skinny ones, plastic whatever. There is no favoritism here. So-I used them to my advantage.
I must admit, they look much cuter on the wall, than in the tote in the closet.

this before is pretty bad. So sorry you have to look at it :)I know that this is not quite the same angle, but you get the point right?
I know that there are some of you out there, who make your computer look all pretty in a cabinet or something else to enclose it.
Well-my husband is a freak and he hates to confined when he surfs the net.
Whatever.
See my curtains? More about those later.Holy crap! Whoever lives here is a HOG!!!
This was my work space. I use this room everyday, multiple times a day-so I have to have somewhere to work. This was so not working.
What do you think?I am pretty proud of myself for coming up with this idea.
This is a plate rack. You know the kinds that you hang on your wall. Well-I don't really have anywhere to use this the way it's supposed to-so voila!
A purse hanger. This is not ALL of my purses, but I am looking at them thinking that I don't have enough and I MUST get more. This was what the closet looked like before. Lame closet doors, but behind those doors was a huge closet that I knew I could use to my advantage. Yes-I know this looks like chaos still, but it is organized chaos.
I told you the closet was huge!! I can now put all of my crap in here, and it is much easier to get too. Plus, it looks so much better!!Alright-now back to the curtains. I had one 32" pillow valancy thingy that tied up.
It was originally in my bathroom, but I changed my mind and switched it out for something else. So-the panel was sitting in my linen closet on the shelf that is completely full of old curtains. (I know, you just never know when you might need them)
So-I cut the curtain up. I needed some fabric to recover my footstool.
Then, I cut the ties and used some of the tie to tie back the panels. (the curtain was not wide enough to cover the whole window) I still had some tie back left-so I hot glued it around the lamp shade.
The best part-it was all FREE!!! My husband was not as impressed as he should have been. That is why I have to blog about it, I need someone to tell me what a genius I am! :) Last pic-I promise. I needed a skirt to cover more crap that I have. So, I cut a drop cloth in half and hot glued it to my table.
SO much better!

Total cost of this room: $5.00-This was for the rolly chair that my husband for me from work! Heck, it even matches!! Score!

Now, tell me the truth-did you really even notice the green wall all that much?
How about the crappy green carpet?

It is such a nicer place to work now.
Maybe I will be able to get more done?
Yea-probably not.

9 comments:

Bridget said...

It looks great! Wanna come do my house for me ;). I love your old windows!

House of Smiths said...

Oh my gosh... seriously... GREEN carpet!?!?!? ahhh. lol.
I don't even MIND the green wall. It's actually pretty cute with all the different frames and such. But I just can't believe that someone would choose GREEN carpet. blah.
I totally feel ya. In our first house the home owners decided to have all PINK sinks. AHHAHHA.. It was awful. And sinks are SUPER expensive.
I think you did AMAZING with what you have to work with. Great job! I LOVE LOVE LOVE the windows. I need about 20 of those. LOL. They are so cute!
Shelley

Bonnie the Boss said...

Such a great job! I love how it looks!!!

Lori said...

Way to go Taush! Personally, I like the green wall and love the wall with the frames/windows. As for everything else, one can never have enough crafting stuff if there is room to store it!

Jen~ Lipstick and Laundry said...

WoW completely AWESOME... I LOVE your window wall!

Jillene said...

Thanks for visiting my blog today!! The candy factory is seriously GREAT!!

It looks like you are SUPER crafty!! You did an AMAZING job!!

Reed & Melinda Family said...

I don't know what you are talking about you always do amazing things! And I love your messy pics before cuz it makes me feel better about my room! In a month you should let us all know if it is still clean and organized! ha ha ha

Anonymous said...

Awesome room makeover!! I just love the old windows and frames. You are so lucky to have the connections on finding them. My dad has a few in the barn that Im sure he would "loan" me. I may help myself to a few. Thanks for sharing such a great room! ps...loved the color too~

Small House said...

Wonderful! I don't dare show my craft/computer/library room. AUGH!
Love the windows