Thursday, October 16, 2008

Too good not to share!

I went out for the first time yesterday.

Well, out that wasn't a Dr's office.
I even blow dryed my hair-the first time in two weeks.
Now, don't get me wrong, I still took showers-just didn't do my hair.
Anyway-I went to the D.I-
where else would a girl go that hasn't been out in a while?
I must have looked really pathetic, or far more miserable than I thought because the girl who checked me out, gave me a wingin deal!
She only charged me half of the sticker price!
YEP-50% at the thrift store!
Pretty sure it doesn't get better than that.
So, I got 4 bags of stuff that I didn't really need all for the cheap price of $12.50!
I thought that I would share some of the treasures that I found.
I sure love that snowman! He will look super cute on my tree! I scored on glass bottles. All 3 of them were only 50cents each!


These are the perfect witch shoes! The toe even curls up! I am going to glitter them up-maybe add a spooky ribbon and a bigger buckle. I had to have them! The black and white boa was a must as well! I will show you what I am going to do with that another day!See that urn? I got both of them with the balls and berries for 50cents each! Don't worry, I am going to fix them, they look a little scary right not. I loved the turkey as well. My grandma and mom had a ceramic shop when I was little, so this was a total sentimental purchase!Cute santa plates! I don't NEED these, I just couldn't help myself!No Halloween table would be complete without big, plastic heads full of food!

4 requested some eyeball clips the other day. I don't know if it was more random that she asked for them, or the fact that I had the stuff to make some. I made some "Rotten Sweets" treat containers. I found the label online-but I ran out of ink, so only one got printed. I made the other two. I wanted them to be a little more "spooky" The label says, Rotten Sweets-Dissastisfaction Guaranteed.

I know that this is a super long post! Sorry for all the pics! I just had to share my deals! U know how excited us thrifty girls get when we find deals!

PS-Shell In your pocket is having a fantastic giveaway! Go and see how genorous she is being and then you too can covet all the fantastic stuff!

26 comments:

Buzzings of a Queen Bee! said...

You got some great bargains! I agree, love that snowman! He's adorable!
Carrie

Megan said...

I don't know if I WANT to know what you will be doing with that boa. Raaarr. LOL!

Jen said...

Hey Tausha, thanks for the sweet comments! I have the bestest sugar cookie recipe!! So soft nom nom nom!!

2/3 cup shortening
3/4 cup sugar
1/2 t. vanilla
1 egg
2 TBLS. milk
2 cups sifted flour
1 & 1/2 t. baking powder
1/4 t. salt

cream shortening, sugar and vanilla. add egg, beat 'til fluffy. stir in milk. sift all the dry ingred. and blend into the creamed mixture. chill the dough for like 15 or 20 minutes. roll out and cut. (hint make them a little thick)

bake @ 375* for 6-8 minutes on a greased cookie sheet.

this makes about 2 dozen, so i usually double it!


oh and my cake stand i got from brians grandma...love it! but i have seen them @ the di so i will keep my eyes peeled for ya!

you have been sooo busy! I can't wait to see the witchy shoes, i've never glittered anything b4...ask cherry, she always has cute foofed up stuff!!

Jen said...

EDIT!!!

the cookie recipe...

4 tablespoons of milk, NOT 2

sorry

GRAMS said...

Wow. What DI did you go too. We went to the new one in Layton today and it was crazy. I got a few things but didn't really have time to treasure seek. Love your stuff. Janis

Lori said...

Good stuff! I want you to know, that because of you, I actually drove out to BFE a while ago just to go to the DI here and nothing. They had nothing. People in Utah must give away better stuff! Have fun with it all.

Jen~ Lipstick and Laundry said...

OK do you know that is the same turkey Emilie got from our Goodwill, and she spray painted it white... Even dedicated a blog post to it! You scored!
~Jen

cherry said...

Nice job girlio! Scores.cherry

Connie said...

Oh me likey likey! You are not helping my spending freeze one bit.

Julie said...

What great bargins! I love the shoes. And the treat containers are great I may have to borrow that idea.
julie

Melissa said...

I MISS THE D.I.!! Our second hand stores aren't that great here :S You got some great stuff!!

Unknown said...

I love the witch shoes. Girl you scored big time!

Bonnie the Boss said...

Did you hit the jackpot or what!!!??? You got some great stuff. And your candy things are cute. Do you want me to print more labels for you?

Jessica G. said...

You have got to post some after pictures when you finish with the witch shoes!

Marie said...

Great deals! Can't wait to see what you do with those witch shoes. I haven't been to Goodwill in WEEKS. Sick, I know. lol

Buzzings of a Queen Bee! said...

I wanted to say thanks for the idea about the scrapbook pages...I love how you hung them up. Now, if only I could get my husband to build mea craft room...
Carrie

joyfullness said...

Tausha..Joyfullness here!
Thank you for your sweet comments on my little bloggy and shop!
I am so glad you like the wreaths..super easy..just a bit of time...but you seem to have an eye for the crafty.. By the way..what is D.I.? it seems like My Goodwill...which i just love...
you got some great finds..and made super cutie stuff!!
I'll be back..
Joyfully HIS..
Joyfullness

The Huffies said...

super cute as usual! I went thriftin' yesterday too, but didn't get any 50%~! Fun stuff!

Darlene said...

Great bargains and CUTE, cute stuff!!!! I can't wait to see the re-done witch shoes!!

Chelsie said...

dear tausha i feel like i have not seen you in forever. i'm glad you got out and went thrifting, i hope you are feeling better. as for christmas we could do that, but lets be honest i'm not a crafty person....you know that though....and if i did a homemade gift like a movie basket with a movie and blanket and popcorn...i would still have to buy the stuff...what if we just have a lower price limit...or do no gifts this year and just go do something like dinner...whatever is fine with me. are we still going to go see hsm3? love ya

Shannon said...

I totally know how a thrifty girl feels on days such as this. Great job and fab finds!

Thanks for the sweet comment on my crafty blog. I make the tutus and arm warmers but another crafty mama makes the leg warmers. I can point you her direction in you like. Just email me and let me know what you like and I would be happy to get crafting!

Em said...

Okay, Jenny was right you did get the SAME turkey I did! Funny how two ladies, states apart both took a bisque class and painted the same turkey in the same colors! And then they both sadly turned up at the thrift store... lonely and unloved waiting for us! LOL Awesome haul!

Em said...

The only garland I have measured was the last one I made for Christmas and it was 44 inches long. It took approx. 1/8 yard each of 10 different fabrics and about two spools of ribbon. Hope that makes sense!

Amy R. said...

I love your ideas. Great bargains! I tagged you on my blog if you get time.
Amy

Alison Wonderland said...

Glad you're up and about. Nice job thrifting!

AJ said...

Hey! Hope you are feeling alright:)