Wednesday, December 17, 2008

No picture post.

I know that sometimes it is not really very fun to look at posts without pics. I just wanted to share some not so fun info.

First-some good news.
We got my FIL home-well at least to UTAH!! Yea!! He is not better and he is still in the ICU-but he is in one of the best hospitals in the state. They are already talking about weaning him of the vent. Small changes but good. We are so thrilled that he is here. It is truly a miracle that he was able to be transferred. The good news is going to be keep coming. I just know it.

Now-my new reality. I know that it could be worse. Just wish it wasnt' so.
I had another spinal tap done yesterday.
Yes-I still have my headaches. They only went away for about 48 hours. CRAPPY!
Found a new neuro-he ordered another test. This one was nothing like the first. My back doesn't hurt at all!!!!
My head on the other hand, is much worse.
We went to the ER this morning because the headache was different and we were afraid that it was a spinal headache.
No-it wasn't. They just all decided on what on I have for sure and what the next step is.
I have a Pseudo Neuro Cerebrai Tumor.
Basically-this works like a tumor-pressure on my brain and optic nerve, there just insn't a tumor.
They said that this was a possibilty before, but the first Neuro told me it wasn't.
Anyway-after many meds to try and treat this-No luck.
I go tomorrow to see my Neuro so we can decoide when to do the shunt.
Yes-I have to have brain surgery-sort of.
They tell me that they do shunts all the time.
It's a very safe procedure-it's not a big deal.
Well-it's a big deal to me!
I am freaking out.
they will have to drill a hole in my head.
That would freak anyone out-right?
So-that is what is happening here.
Really wish that you all were a littl more closer-Icould use some hugs and mm&m's.
Not to mention a couple of elves who love to wrap!
Haven't even started on that task yet!

Thanks for letting me vent. (if any of you are still reading) I know that it could be worse and there are many others who are dealing with a lot worse. I am just so grateful that I have great insurance, good Dr's who can help and a husband and family who support me in whatever crap I get them in to. Plus-they say that they love me no matter what!
(We'll see )
Have a great day!

12 comments:

Beth at Aunties said...

Bless your sweet heart Tausha!

I will put your name in the SLC Temple in the morning and keep your close in my prayers. I took care of my sister after major brain surgery of 10 inch incision and drill holes. It is not fun. I hope your proceure will be successful and you can recover fast. I am glad your FIL is closer to his loved ones and pray he will feel the lord's love for him.

I would drive to Davis County and wrap all those precious little gifts...except we have wedding #2 this week end in Idaho. It is nuts to have 2 weddings in December:)

I popped in to wish you and your family a very Merry CHRISTmas:) and I read about this. So Sorry!
Here si the Hugs)))))))

Hopefully you can feel HIS love more this year than ever before. HE is there for you this I know.

I too was thought to have a brain tumor in my early 30's and was to have surgery...I know the fear first hand.
I don't feel this the place to tell the world the sacredness which took place, so I will shorten an amazing story.
A General A called and asked if he could give me a blessing and my husband and I met him the next day at the Adminstration building in SLC. It was the most amazing miracle in my life. I felt the healing. When I entered the University Hospital they found my problem to be a birth defect of my jugular vein. Most important after the blessing, my awful symptoms ceased... and not only those syptoms but other things unrelated. I pray you will keep your faith strong and turn to your Heavenly Father. He is ther to bless your life.

With prayer and many blessings from my heart♥♥♥

cherry said...

I am sooo sorry to hear about your procedure...I will pray that everything goes well and your headaches go away! I have always suffered from migraines..I take imitrex...so I know a little of what you are going through. I am glad to hear your fil was moved and is closer to you! Merry Christmas. cherry

Inspired Kara said...

I'm glad you have us bloggers to vent to!

Prayers for you, your family, and the docs too.

Also prayers that you may enjoy this Christmas

Anonymous said...

Tausha sweetie----

I have prayed for you in the past, and will pray for you again :)

i wish I lived closer too--{im not to far tho..lol} and I would bring you a lovely basket of M&M's
:)

Jessica G. said...

Oh, Tausha! While I'm really glad to hear that you finally have some answers, its scary stuff. And you are totally justified in being more than a little freaked out. Heck, I freck out when I can't find my waterproof mascara, surely brain surgery, even the routine kind, is more worthy.

Unknown said...

Well answers are good... I'm going to pray that the surgery goes well and WORKS!!!

AJ said...

Tausha-glad to hear your fil is in a better hospital and that you are so optimistic! Sorry to hear about your health. I know we've talked about this before but remember you can email me if you need to talk. Even though what you have is different than what I had I still know what you are going through. Brain surgery no matter how "minor" is a BIG deal to us! I'm here if you need me:) Hugs♥

Julie said...

Tausha
I will be saying prayers for you and your fil. I'm so glad to hear he has made it back closer to the family. Sending lots of prayers and hugs your way.
Julie

Brooke said...

Tausha, that is awful! Could you guys have anymore to deal with? hang in there....

Georgia Girl said...

Prayers Tausha!

Hugs and more hugs!

God will take care of you!

TJ said...

Tausha, I don't know if you remember me. I am your Dad's cousin, Tirzah. I ran across your blog last week, and was reading about your health problems. So sorry to hear about the rough time you've been having. I was watching Mystery Diagnosis, a medical show that has stories about rare conditions that often go undiagnosed and misdiagnosed for years where a lady has this condition, psuedotumor cerebri. I had just read your blog before watching the show, and I thought that sounds like Tausha. The show comes on Discovery Health (channel 220 on Comcast) and is being rebroadcast on Saturday at 3:00 p.m., if you are interested in seeing it. It is titled "The Girl Who Couldn't Wake Up." It will also be on again on 12/28 at noon and again at 4:00 p.m. We will remember you in our prayers.

It was fun to find your blog. I got tipped off to some other family blogs on the My Family site, and that is how I found yours. Your girls are darling. I hope you enjoy Christmas with all that is going on. I wish I were closer and I'd come help you wrap. You are lucky to have your mom. I will never forget what she did for me when we moved into this house when my mom was so sick. It is a warm memory I will treasure forever. Give my love to your family.

Love you, Tirzah

Jana Nielson said...

Tausha,
I was just watching "Mystery Diagnosis", and the girl was diagnosed with Psudo tumor Cerebri. I thought that was what you said that you had, so I paid attention. She had to have an Opthomologist diagnose her, because doctors don't have the equipment to see the pressure that is happening in the back of you eyes.
She had tons of Doctors say that she was faking it.
She had a shunt put in 7 years ago and has been pain and symptom free since.
It sounded like a fairly simple procedure too.
You are in my prayers!!