Friday, December 5, 2008

Happy December 5th! Is anyone else freaking out that Christmas is 20 days away?
Or is it just me? Maybe is't because I am not ready.
Please tell me I am not the only one!
I wanted to share a couple more pics of decor at the Hoyt's house.
This is my room divider that I made out of bi-fold closet doors from the thrift store!
They were so simple and a great peice for any room.
Pluse-you can decorate it up with a kinds of sparkly goodness!!! These are trees-2,3 and 4.
Yes, those are snowman plates that you are seeing.
When you have a fake tree-you can whatever on them.
Thats is why there is only pine scented scentsies and no pine scented trees at my house!
I couldn't decorate a real tree with all the crap that I use on a fake!


See these little carboard words.
This is mom genius that you are looking at right now.
No-I am not trying to be stuck up.
If I was going to do that-I wouldn't being sharing this fantastic idea.
It will make your life easier and your children smarter!

The girls were BORED last night. I didn't want them on TV or the Computer. So-I made something up. The little white words were a punchout in a workbook that 6 had.
The directions said to makeup sentences with the words.
Well, there were not enough words for both of them to play.
So-I grabbed the scissors and the empty cereal box that was on the counter-and got to cutting.
We made more of the regular words-and, the as, a, I etc..
Then we added some Christmas words. Sleigh, santa, elf, naughty.
Then we said go and the girls went to town.
They had contests who could make the longest sentance, who could use the most christmas words, who could make the shortest sentance the fastest.
They played happily for over 20 mins.
NO FIGHTING!
I had to share.
We are going to make this little game for friends for christmas.
I will make them cuter, and you know, more of the same shape.
8 wants me to use Cursive words. Because they can read them now.

So-I figure with a lipgloss that cost me 69 cents from Avon-and this little gem.
Friends gifts can get the old heave ho off the list.

What are you waiting for-go and make these.
Your kids will love you.
It will take you 3 minutes.
You could even add magnets and stick them on the fridge.
The possibilies are endless.
We are going to make the friend sets this weekend.
Me, the girls and my trusty CRICUT!
Let me know what you think, and if you are going to add the
"20 minutes of pure bliss" game to your house this holiday season!
have a Fantastic Weekend!!!


Sorry there are so many grammatical errors in this post.
I am just not in the mood to make sense!
Hope that you are understand and still love me!!







16 comments:

Melissa said...

Your house looks awesome!! And I love the word idea! A friend of mine used to have magnets on her fridge that she would play with. I had never thought of doing it for the family... I just might have to do this!

Liz said...

FABULOUS idea!!! I'm all about getting a little learning out of every experience. I guess it is the teacher in me. I will totally be making these tonight. Great game for the holidays.

AJ said...

Great game idea and love your room divider:) I'm not even close to being ready for Christmas!!

Beth at Aunties said...

I so love this idea and what a smart mom you are!
You home looks sso festive and fun. We were babysitting last night and our three yearold grandson was decorating their tree with his beloved match cars:0) What a fun time of the year.
and heck no I am not ready for Christmas...Maybe after our son's wedding tomorrow!

Take care!
Beth~♥

Crazycozartclan said...

Everythings looks cute and festive at your house! I love the game idea. I'm so ready for christmas. Bring it on! Thanks for the tips.

Bonnie the Boss said...

Great idea! I am so glad you had a good night. Sorry the girls came home when they were supposed to be at my house! I only left the hubby in charge for about 5 minutes!
Your decor is so cute, come fix mine for me please!

Elise said...

I think I love you!! Ha, ha, ha!! Glad you came by my blog-you gave me a wonderful lift. Now, if I could just another kind of lift I would be doing great!! ;)
I love all of your snowmen. So cute and cozy. Oh, and the screen, you are a girl after my own heart. We did that with my brother's old bifold laundry doors. He was just gonna throw them away. What?!?!
Anyway, Merry Christmas to you!!
Elise

Chelsie said...

i miss pictures of my cutest nieces :-(

Brenda said...

No, you are not the only one freaking out about the 20 days left until Christmas - I haven't even begun decorating yet (but it is on the agenda for today!)

Your sentence game is such a great idea. My Cricut is coming out to make a game too!

Anonymous said...

Hi Tausha! Just wanted to drop a line and let you know what kinda oil to use. It's Ultra-Pure Lamp Oil by Lamplight. It's in a clear bottle and is of to use in oil lamps and oil candles. Hope this helps some. Im still waiting to find the time to make mine. Great wishes~

Inspired Kara said...

This game is such a FUN idea!!!!! I just love homemade little gifts! I'm making these once the kids in my life can actually read ;)

Thrifty Decor Chick said...

I love that divider and the snowman tree is VERY cute!! The game is brilliant!

Darlene said...

Hi Tausha,

I am in no way ready for Christmas yet. Well, I have my decorating done but presents....still a ways to go! Your home is looking very festive! Cute idea for the sentence game!

Lexi is so in shape from all her activities and the jump roping (they practice 5 days a week) that she just needed a very short rest and a Dr. Pepper and she was raring to go again! It was a good thing cause we went straight from the parade to a birthday party where they all were playing football. Yep, she joined right in with the boys......

Nicole said...

I love all your Christmas decorations. Wow, 6 trees, I got sick of having to keep the kids out of 2 and put one of them away, I'm such a crapy mom sometimes. Your trees are gorgeous, your such a good decorator.

Shannon said...

Your tree looks great! I love the snowmen all over it. So cute!

Jessica G. said...

Are you trying to give my house some sort of complex about not being as cute as yours? :)