Sunday, December 28, 2008

Just another manic holiday!

Whew! I am sure that I am not the only mom out there who is thinking-

Wow-this Christmas sure went fast!
It seems that we all prepare and prepare for the perfect Christmas and it's over in minutes.
Then, we all promise ourselves that we will do it different next year. Make some better decisions so that the whole thing will last longer.
Well-at least I do this.
I just never seem to follow through.
So-I am warning you now. This is a very long post, full of a whole lot of pics.
I think that the best way to tell a story is with lots of pictures. Especially when celebrations are involved. So-grab a snack and get comfy, you might be here a while!!!
This is 6. Do you see that hole in her mouth. The one where her front tooth used to be? Well-we started out our December with one less tooth. She was thrilled! 8 informed her that if one loses a front tooth-the tooth fairy pays more. Whaa? I apparently missed that memo.
8 told her it was $5.00. She was a little disappointed when the fairy only left her $1.00. Guess that 8 is not as smart as she thinks she is. SHOCKER!!!

These pics were taken right before we had a major family event. I don't want to share the details of this particular day, but I do want to share the pictures. I also want everyone to know how lucky I am. I am a member of a family who is truly top notch. I know that we are all a little biased when it comes to our families-but I am really blessed.
I love being a mom. I am so blessed to be married to my best friend-forever!
I have some of the greatest, most supportive parents a girl could ask for.
My sister is my best friend and I am proud beyond proud to be the big sister of such wonderful brothers. I like to think that I had a little bit to do with how well they turned out! :)
I am also the favorite aunt and the favorite Sister in Law!! I hate that term-they are my sisters!
I love my family and consider them to be one of my favorite and greatest gifts! (don't we all)

Look at 8-she is turning into a beautiful young lady. She is not a little girl anymore and it's killing her Dad and I. She turns 9 in March. I can't believe it! She is as beautiful on the inside and she is on the outside. I am very blessed to be her mom.
(Sorry I am being all sappy-but a Mom has got to do this sometimes)
Am I the only Mom out there who thinks that her children look almost angelic in pictures. Too bad as soon as the camera is put away-the horns and tails come out! :)
Here is 4! Ok- I know that every family has a child like her. You know what I am talking about. They just crack you up. They say the most random things and their hugs are magic. That is 4's jobs at our house. She goes to preschool only 2 days a week. I love this time with her. She always is cracking me up over random things that she says. The other day-we were looking at some old family pictures. I was about 12 in these particular pictures. She took the picture and studied quite intently-then she said
"Mom-that girl has your face."
Yes-she is 4 and she came up with that.
She had her winter performance for school last week. She was the loudest little singer in the group. Not to mention very energetic with the actions! I have no idea where she gets this from. Not a clue. :0) She is one peppy little chicky and I love her-a lot! ( most of the time)

This is 6! She is my happy go lucky gal. She loves to be the little helper. She loves to cuddle and spend one on one time with both her Dad and I. She is the little mother to not only her sisters but also to her little cousins. My little nephew just adores her!! She is a joy in our family.

These are our Christmas Eve pics. We have "our" Santa come every year. He is not just any old ordinary Santa man. He is My Santa. Meaning, this particular Santa's helper has been coming to our Christmas eve parties since I was about 4! I love him! My kids adore him!

Here are my munchkins singing Santa Claus is coming to town. Can you tell which one was the most excited?Jingle bells-jingle bells, jingle all the way. What is up with 6's face. Cracks me up.


This is 8 pinkie promising that she will keep her room clean. I now have proof. Mwhahhhahaaa!


Grammy and the girls. See how much 4 is loving Santa. I think that she has a little crush on the big man. :)
Here is all of the grand kids with G&G! I don't know who loves who more. My parents or the kids. I guess that is one of those age old questions. Kind of like which came first, the chicken or the egg.
8 & 6 are part of a singing group. They love it. They go once a week and put on two shows a year, spring and Christmas. They did a program called "Christmas Vacation" and they both did great! 6 had a solo and some speaking parts. 8 had speaking parts. She doesn't love the whole center of attention like her sister does, so she did not do a solo.
4's favorite part of the whole night? COOKIES!!

We were very proud of our little singers!

Are you tired yet? I am sick of looking of the pics and they are of my kids! Almost done-promise! This must be done-I am only thinking of my posterity and how much they will love me when they have all of these memories! :)
Christmas Morning! The girls were up at 6. Not too bad. We had to sit around and wait for my mom to get here. Did I mention that I had to make my 3 children wait to open presents because my Mother felt the need to make her bed before she came. Yea-it was as fun as it sounds!!
6 & 8 got a super, fantastic present this year. I have done 4 little people's bedrooms for clients the past month. Every time my girls saw these rooms they both said that they wanted their rooms done as well. So, me being the fantastic mom that I am, got on the email with Santa and worked out a plan. 6's room was done in green. turquoise and browns. 8's room was done in pink and brown. Her room was a little more "mature" and 6's was really fun and glittery. I will post more pics of their rooms and my clients bedrooms in the next couple of days.
One last little bit of pictures. December is such a busy month anyway-my moms birthday happens to fall on the 27th. This year was a big deal. She turned the big 50! So-all us kids got together and threw her a surprise party. It was kind of a roast-only nice. We made her a movie and all the guests shared what they loved about her, memories and funny stories. She really had a great time and all of us kids were reminded of how lucky we are to have such a great woman to be our mom!
Doesn't she look great for 50? I want to look as good as she does!
This is 4. The words she said right before this picture was taken-Take a picture of me!!
All of the girls in our family. Look at my cute, very pregnant sister! I like to stand next to her-I look skinny! She is having a girl in 4 weeks and we are so excited!!!!


This is Hailey, Shawni and my bro. Brandon. We were dishing up the sweets for our guests!

Look at this cake! Is it not the cutest thing that you have ever seen? We had a friend do it. She got mom spot on. Zebra, polka dots and feathers! She could not have made a more perfect cake!
This is the whole family!
Happy 50th Mom! We love you!!!
Sorry the super long post! Thanks for sticking with me! (i really hope that you are still here) I will be posting new decor pics this week-the girls rooms and my un Christmas decorated house!!!
Have a great Monday!!!



























14 comments:

ThE fRoNkS!... said...

YAy for posts with pictures. I even did my own. Are you so proud? I just have to say thanks for the killer party you planned. It was super fun and i think mom loved it. I just wanted to tell you how much I love you and am so thankful for you and your little family. I don't know what I would do with out you.(And 4 cracking me up all the time!!!)

Lori said...

What a nice comment from your sister! I'm glad you guys had a good party and I hope there were tons of people there! Did your mom get our lovely voice mail? It is good to see pictures with Ryan in them - I haven't seen him forever. And what a nice mom you are, saying all those things about your adorable girls! And since I'm older than all of you - shouldn't he be my santa? Just kidding, honesly the guy always kind of freaked me out. Sorry! Glad you had a good Christmas!

Chelsie said...

ha, with my tent of a shirt on people might think it's me delivering in 4 weeks. haha. thanks for all of your hard work on this party, i think it turned out great! as with shawni, I think you're pretty fabulous and i love you mucho! biased or not, we do have a pretty great family

Megan said...

Merry Christmas. Long Post. But a good one. Your girls rooms look cute - can't wait to see more pictures. I wish I had my own Santa. And Happy Birthday to Marci!

Debra said...

Merry Christmas! What a fun holiday for you!

How is your FIL doing>?

Crazycozartclan said...

Looks like you guys had fun. I am glad that the super busy holidays are over too. Now we can just relax right. (well try to any way) Tell your mom hi for me. and HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

Unknown said...

Your girls are so dang cute! I loved reading this post and learning more about them :) LOVE All the pictures! It looks like you guys had such a good Christmas. So cool that Santa comes to your house! He is a popular one :) Must be weird seeing my kids with "your santa" hehe.

Mama's the Boss said...

Wonderful pictures!

Beth at Aunties said...

Ienjoyed your long post, pictures, love of family and your comments about the in law thing... I agree!
I also hope you are feeling better.


You have a darling family.
Enjoy a wonderful and healthy new year!

Melissa said...

What a fun post! Loved all the pictures :) Your girls are so sweet and it looks like they had a fantastic Christmas!
LOVE the cake! It looks awesome!
Can't wait to see more pics of the kids rooms... maybe it will inspire me to do something in MY kids rooms!!

Darlene said...

Hi Tausha,

GREAT pictures of your beautiful family! Your girls are just too CUTE!!

Jessica G. said...

I love that your daughter made a pinkie-swear with Santa! And that cake! WOW!

Lori said...

Taush, as Ellie would say, the holiday sneason is over. Please update. For instance, are you a new aunt perhaps??
Love ya!

Bonnie the Boss said...

Hey woman! there is an award for you over on my blog.