Wednesday, August 13, 2008

First set of window mistreatments

So I jumped on the bandwagon and made some mistreatments!

Yea, I know-I am a little slow.
First-is 4's room. Her room faces the east and so when the sun is up, she is up. Not a good combination for a 4yr old!
She already has pink, gingham valance and for the longest time-I had tacked up a table cloth.
Pathetic I know. A christmas one none the less.
Well, while I was at the DI the other day, I found a really cute pair of white ruffled curtains.
I knew that they wouldn't cover the window, so I had an idea.
I attached the white one to the pink ones with my trusty glue gun.
Yes, I burned myself 15 times.
It wouldn't be a true project if I didn't burn myself.
Then, I covered the seam with Green grograin ribbon that I got for $1.00 at Joannes!
I then put buttons all over the ribbon. The buttons were a thrift find also. I found a whole jar for $2.00! Score!
6's room faces east as well, so we had the same problem.
she just had some plain blue tab tops that needed a little sprucing!
I had some cute polka dot yellow fabric that was in my stash.
Yep, I have a fabric stash and I don't sew! Is that weird?
Anyway-I covered the yellow fabric with buttons.
Voila!

I found this mirror at the Di as well. It was brown and ugly. After a quick round of spray paint-a little sanding and I was done. I liked the wreath on the frame so much, I thought that I would try a mirror. I think that it's cute.
ok people. I off to vacation! 4 whole days of completet bliss. Me, sitting on the boat, reading a book and soaking up the sun.
I should be a new woman when I get back!
Don't have too much fun without me!

16 comments:

Amy said...

I never would have known you used a glue gun on those curtains. They look great!

I'm lucky my 4 year old's curtains are dark. The second he notices the sun "eak up" he thinks its time to play. I've always thought the curtains (although very functional) could use a little something. Hmmm you got me thinkin' girl.

Have a great time on your trip.

The Beauty Bargainista said...

GREAT mistreatments. Arent glue guns like Gods gift to women? hehe

Tinabean said...

Have fun on your vacation we'll miss you while your gone!

Joy said...

Enjoy your rest and relaxation!

cherry said...

They look splendid! I love all your red touches with your decorating. Gorgeous. Have a happy rest. cherry

Angie said...

The curtains look great! Glue guns are awesome! I also have a stash of fabric - 2 drawers worth - and I don't sew either. I got a sewing machine a few years ago and still don't know how to use it. Maybe I'll learn one day!

Unknown said...

Cute cute cute!!!

Now, when will you be by to pick me up for our vacation?

Marie said...

VERY cute curtains!! I love the buttons. :o)

Have a great vacation!

Melissa said...

Have a great time on your vacation! The curtains and mirror look great!!

Unknown said...

These are so cute! I am always amazed at how creative you are. You are my HERO! have fun on your vacation...I expect lots of pictures!

Kimba said...

Wow! Those mistreatments are fantastic! I especially love the pink ones. Beautiful!

Nicole said...

I love those window treatments in your little girls room. I'm still using the cheap ones from Walart. Thanks for the ideas. Your mirror with the wreath is darling, you are so creative. Have a great time on your trip.

frillsfluffandtrucks said...

Nice mistreatments--I love the extra touch with the buttons.

~ Sarah

Jen~ Lipstick and Laundry said...

What fun mistreatments you have!

Connie said...

Ribbons & Buttons...Got to be a mother's fabrics! Great Work.
~Connie

Bonita said...

Love the buttons! Great work!