Monday, August 18, 2008

A little R&R!

Hey people I am back! It was a great vacation and I had a great time! I ate lots of food, read 3 books, and slept A LOT!

I forgot my camera-oh yea, I left it home on the kitchen table.
I guess that's what happens when one has a list that is long as she is tall!
So-I have to link you to my SIL's blog for the pics.
Just pretend that the one of my sleeping, that I am half the size! No-My butt is not THAT biG! Great angle Chels! I told her that she didn't more pic's of me becasuse she was jealous of how hot I looked in a bandana! Oh yea!


So you will all be the first to know that I have an addiction. An addiction to thrfting. I don't know if this disease is readily aceppted yet, but I know that I am not the only one who has this. I can't be! My family already thinks that I am a freak, so if you must agree than I understand. I just hope that you wont pass too much judgement, and that you will still like me. You know that my whole exsistence depends on the amount of love I receive from you throught comments.
I grabbed a sitter for an hour and went to the DI-I told myself that I could only spend $10.00. My husband would kill me if I spent more than that.
So-this is what I found.Some cute brown suede pillow shams with yellow stripes. They will go prefect with my fall curtains and bedding. Don't roll your eyes-thats rude!
A cute little rocking chair. I have always thought that they were super cute and I never could find one. JAckpoT! A watering can, a red sign, and a little metal thingy. I am not sure what this is. But I loved the shape of it. I thought that this would be great as my first tassel. I thought if I could master this,I could save myself from drooling over the Bienvenue and the Nester's sights!
Look at this cute little desk! $3.00! Yep, you read that right. I have a friend that works there. I didn't know him before, but I made quick friends. It so pays to have someone that you know there! I always get deals! I don't think I pay sticker price for nothin! Yep, that is part of the reason why I have a problem!
I am going to paint this white-I think and modge podge the top and stick it in 4's room. I think that it would make a great night table for all of her little treasures. Plus, a drawer to hide more crap! YES!

Have a great night people! Thanks for stopping by!

18 comments:

cherry said...

Great finds! Love the water can. This must have been the weekend for finds...so much cool junk out there. cherry

Rae said...

Can't wait to see the desk after you work your magic! I wanted to stop at our Goodwill today but the girls were dead set against it. Oh well. 8 more days until school starts and then I can do what I want to do! :)

Crazycozartclan said...

So you went all the way to powell and didn't even wakeboard or waterski. SAD! I really should have gone with you. Glad you had fun and got some R & R.

Unknown said...

I can NEVER find good stuff when I go thrifting...; I just don't have the right eye for it.

Ashley said...

3 bucks for that desk...what a steal. I love thrifting. My husband rolls his eyes at me all the time. But he loves the numbers in the checkbook. You really have to change the way you look at everything to be a good thrifter. Great finds.

Deb said...

Tausha you found some fun stuff. I love the desk. Can't wait to see the final transformation. And as for your sign, I just made my own using that exact same quote. I'll have to post it soon.

Bonnie the Boss said...

Jackpot on the desk and stuff. I can't wait to see what you do. I should have come with you and fed my addiction. If I didn't have such a mess I would have, then I could have arm wrestled you for the desk.

frillsfluffandtrucks said...

That little desk is such a find--and wow, what a great price!!

~ Sarah

Tinabean said...

Great finds!
Your just coming home from powell & we're leaving on friday for powell.
How do you read 3 books?
Im lucky if I read 3 pages.
Of course you don't have one year old twin boys either.
It looks like you guys had a ton of fun.

Heidi Reed said...

Welcome home. I am jealous of all of your sleep. Can't wait to see what you make that desk look like.

Heidi R.

Marie said...

Sweet find! $3? Very sweet deal. Can't wait to see what you do with it! I'm a thrift store addict too. I actually dragged my mom and two sisters to Goodwill while they were here. lol

Megan said...

Welcome back. Looks like you had fun in Powell...sleeping ;) That is my type of vaca too.

Alison Wonderland said...

That desk is great! I'm jealous of that.

Chelsie said...

ha i was jealous of your sweet bandana looks! hey it beat my uber wavy air dried hair look!

Julie@My5monkeys said...

wow what beautiful finds at DI. You have the eye to see it :0)

The Huffies said...

love the desk! Super fun, sorry I couldn't go with you...you got me back today I guess, we'll get together soon! Post the after pics when you finish the desk!

Rachel Berry said...

Wow all that for 10! I love a great bargain. I should come shopping with you!

:)Rachel

I love that desk. Can't wait to see if finished.

Screaming Meme said...

I love it! I want to invite you to my faux class...It's alot of fun! Bring your paint brush and a piece of furniture or decor and get to class! Screaming Meme