Saturday, November 29, 2008

Fa La La La La

Christmas, Christmas Time is here!

I love it!
I love when I pull all the totes up the stairs and un-saran wrap the trees!
(I finally got smart and figured it out-much less work)
So, I thought that I would share a couple of pics of the work.
Not too much though, just a peek! I am going to participate in the house tour on the 15th-it's kind of boring to see the same pics twice!!
See this little man. Well, I guess he's not so little. I picked him up last year at the thrift store. I think he cost me $5! I just added a little TLC, made my talented mom repaint his face and Voila!
He's supposed to sit on the porch. He will make it his home tomorrow!!!
I found this adorable Santa sign just the other day at the thrift store. It only cost me $5! I have a thing for $5 junk! This was perfect and I loved it! I also have a Santa book-the one that it laying open with the clause pocket watch. I have had this book around since I was little. We used to just sit and look at the pics when we were kids. Now my kids do the same.
One day, in the middle of the summer, a couple of years ago-I came across it in the thrift store. SURPRISE!! This is one of the 6 trees that I have. I know, I am a little obsessive about it. My mom, she has more than me. Guess it's hereditary. I made the little snowmen under the tree. I also found the "Santa" head in the suitcase. He was even more scary than he is now. I again, found him at the thrift store! We just TLC'd him up. I had him on my door last year. Everyone thought that it was scary. (everyone being my 4 year old and husband)


This is our tree garland. I saw the idea on the crayola site. I thought that it was perfect. A little craft that everyone could participate in. Even Dad. We made this one for my MIL. She is still in Arizona with my FIL. He is still in the ICU and still struggling. We thought that we would send her a little Christmas Cheer. I know that she reads my blog-so when you see this-pretend that you are surprised!
I am loving every ones Christmas decor. Keep it up! Can't wait to steal more ideas!
PS-I am one of those crazy, freaky Black Friday shoppers. I will have to post about it later. It was a blast and I got some great deals. Not to mention-a heck of a nap. Nothing like waking up at 3 am to make a girl exhausted!

PS-go and check out the http://theinspiredroom.net. She has a great linky set up with all kinds of fun ideas!!



17 comments:

Melissa @ The Inspired Room said...

Nice to meet you! I'm so glad you came by my place and introduced yourself. Fun stuff here! Six trees? Wow, you are my kind of girl! :-)

Happy night!
Melissa

Heidi Reed said...

It's so fun to see your creations. Love, love, love it!! Beautiful!!

Merry Christmas!

heidi reed
www.candidchatter.wordpress.com

Jessica G. said...

Your house looks great! Can't believe all the amazing stuff that you just "find."

Chelsie said...

your mom came to my house today and i think was a little saddened with my lack of decor...it's a good thing you guys still love me. :-)

Unknown said...

Of course you already have your decorations out and are on the ball :) WAY cute ideas. I also figured you were a Black Friday kinda girl...you seemed like the deal type. hehe. I am totally am too. I got my butt up at 3am this year, just like every other year.

Chris said...

Just MORE reasons why I love consignment stores. Great deals and cute stuff! LOVE the garland! I may have to steal that one. ;)

AJ said...

You found some great $5 finds:) Sorry to hear your fil is still in the hospital. I will keep him in my prayers and hope he gets home before Christmas! Hope you have been feeling well♥

Jen~ Lipstick and Laundry said...

Lovin' all the thrifty finds and decor... And, yes I could help you with felt food...mail me the felt and give me some idea of what kind of food you want....

Heather said...

So very nice to meet you!

I really could have used a sassy stylist last week for my daughters haircut. Am I overreacting? When you get a chance please chime in your opinion on my latest post.

Joy said...

You are so busy decorating and shopping! I need some of your energy. It's looking so festive at your home. You inspire me to get movin'.

Em said...

The sneek peek looks great! I am doing the tour on the 15th too :)

Em said...

By the way... I love all your long comments :) I am making gifts this year too. For the kids we told them that Jesus only got three gifts so they are going to get three and the only thing from Santa will be the stocking stuffers. They seem to be just fine with that... knowing they will get a bunch of stuff from grandparents and aunts too!

Lori said...

Glad you are back - love the tree, I would have 6 too if I could find them at thrift stores! And I too got up early to shop on Friday, are you proud of me?

Crazycozartclan said...

Wa hoo! Black Friday is the best. We were up at 4:00 but I didn't come home until 7:00 that night. So no nap for me! Hope you got some great stuff. Your house looks great!

cherry said...

All of it is very cute! I have a Santa head too...NO worries rofl! cherry

Shannon said...

Love it all! Love that Cmas garland!

I got the towel holder at Hobby Lobby in their metal section and have seen since much cuter ones!

Beth at Aunties said...

Everything looks ready for Christmas! It is such an exciting time of the year. After our sons wedding I will get into the swing of things.
Thanks for your sweet comments and pray all is much better in Tucson!

Beth