Friday, June 5, 2009

Bathroom Redo in under an hour and under $20 bucks

If you didn't know-I am a very inpatient person.

Much too impatient if you ask my husband.
I wanted a new bathroom.
He told me no.
Actually, he told me not right now.
(ok, he did have an excuse-he did start a new job this week and is stressed to the max)
Still, though, I wanted my bathroom redone NOW!
So...what is a girl to do.
Can't paint (well, I could, I don't need him to paint-but I am so FREAKING sunburnt-it hurts to lift my hands above my head)
Painting-out.
Redecorating on the cheap and on the quick-in.
My bathroom that everyone uses is really dark.
I don't love it this dark, but I like it much better now.
Maybe it was because I replaced the 3 burnt out light bulbs.....

Before:
After...I know, I know. I didn't paint the little cupboard. I so would have. But, it was way to WINDY to spray paint and I am much to lazy to use anything else.


I must apologize for the pics-there is NO natural light in here and it is small-so the angles are kind of funky. Soorrryy!



I used to have a ladder on the wall. It was cute-I was just super sick of it. That is why the wall is bare.
I so heart that Valspar Mediteranen color. I sprayed all the frames that I had around all that color. And the funky white one in the middle was a yard sale find for .50 cents. I sprayed the star butter yellow.

I went to wal-mart to buy a new shower curtain. I refused to pay $25.00 for a shower curtain. So I walked back to the curtains and picked these up for $15 for the pair. SCORE!!



Now the bathroom is much more pleasant to be in.
Am I pathetic? Oh well-I like it much better.
Price breakdown:
Curtains $15.00
Frames: free & .50 cents
Star-FREE
Spray Paint-I already had-so FREE
All the little things around-FREE. I just went through my stuff. The pic of the girls above the cabinet-my cute friend Kelly made for me when we did a swap! The colors rock in here!!!
I know, I am pathetic-even the lotion matches. I don't even like the smell of this kind, but it was the right color. This too was FREE
Total cost-$15.50
SOOOO worth it!! (Even though I had to iron)
Now....if only I could someone else to clean it!!
Go redo something on the cheap! You will feel great!! I know it got rid of my "oh my heck, I forgot what it was like to be a parent full time-funk
Yes-I just admited that. I so hope I am not the only one who feels this way.
(a little bit of chocolate helped too)





8 comments:

Bonnie the Boss said...

Super , super cute! I love the fun colors in the curtain!

Megan said...

You would probably have exploded with inpatientness (yep, I just made up my own word) waiting for Ross to finish painting the nursery. He has been working on it for 2 weeks now. Needless to say I really hope it gets done so I can move everything and decorate BEFORE the baby actually gets here. Maybe yo should just come down and do it for him ;) and then we can go to lunch with Chelsie afterwords. Oh yeah I like that idea!

Small House said...

WOW...$15.00 and cute to boot! Also, love your paint projects in the second post. That spray paint is a great thing to have on hand.
Sandra

Buzzings of a Queen Bee! said...

I love the transformation, and of course the chocolate always helps any remodel, doesn't it? :)
Carrie

ThE fRoNkS!... said...

looks super cute!

Jen said...

So cute! All the colors are so fun! Hey, thanks for the heads up on the el-cheapo scrapbook paper! Staci was up there too!! he he I think between the three of us we cleaned them out of the good stuff!!

Vanessa said...

La-la-LOVE it!

Lori said...

Good job on the cheap. I have to say that after your last post, my mom and I headed to Lowes for some Valspar - can't wait to use it!