Monday, June 22, 2009

Picture + Projects= Fun!!!

Sorry-You must look at pics of my children.
I do this for my mother in law-I know that she looks at my blog.
My girlies are doing a local, little, "pageant." I use that term very loosely.
Everyone who enters wins a trophy, a sash and big, old bag of stuff.
This is totally a nostalgia thing for me.
I grew up in the town that we live in now.
I did this pageant and so did my sister.
So-yes, now my children are doing it as well.
My husband rolled his eyes when I told him this is what they were doing.
He so didn't understand that they HAD to do it.
He also didn't understand when I HAD to buy them new clothes!
Silly man!!
These pics were taken the other day before they had their "interview" and pics done.
This is 7. Can you tell that she loves to have her pics taken.

Here is 4-almost 5. She is not quite a ham in front of the camera when she is supposed to be-only when they steal the camera and make videos of themselves.

This girlie is 9. She is definitely not little any more. I look at her and feel old. She just got her hair cut-with bangs. The first time she has ever had them in her life. I think that they make her look older. Maybe I should not have let her cut them :)


Here is the whole bunch. The cute skirts that 4 and 9 have on were made by MIL-they are darling!! Oh how this wonderful woman spoils me!


ok-I did get some projects done the weekend-IN THE RAIN!! I am usually not one who complains about moisture. We live in a desert and we need all that we can get. BUT-there have only been 2 days in June-that has NOT had rain. Unheard of for here. Yes-my flowers and yard look awesome-but my disposition-not so much.
This is my porch all "freedomed" up. I know, I am a freak.
I decorate my porch for the seasons.
I am proud to say that most of the things that are on here are from garage sales or thrift stores.
Except the star-I picked that up at ross for $7.00!!
sorry, the pics are kind of hard to see. It was 10am when I took them, at it is a little to bright.


I figured out my shelf issue. I spray it-while it was raining-in my garage.
My husband hates when I do this.
I don't know why-it's not like he is the one who has to inhale the fumes! :)
The pics are kind of hard to tell-but I painted it antique white. It looks green in the pics.
I was too impatient to let it dry all the way-so I just sanded a little bit-so the red shows through quite a bit. It looks SOOO much better-not so much like a RED shelf Glaring at you.
Softer-much nicer to look at.
This is a close up my latest little project that i did and stuck up there.
I found the frame for 50 cents-the plate holder a quarter-I just put some scrapbook paper under the glass and cut some letters with my trusty cricut.
I didn't like the look of the letters at first so I inked them.
Much better don't you think?


This is such a lame angle-again-sorry for the weird colors. I guess when you get no natural light in the hall-you get what you get.


alright-I am off to the pool. Wish me no sunburn thoughts!!
Have a fantastic Monday!!!







14 comments:

Bonnie the Boss said...

I think it turned out rally cute! I am hoping you don't freeze at the pool today!

Megan said...

The pictures of your kiddos are super cute, but then again so are they. I am diggin the whole bangs thing. And hey, at least the rain kept things cool. It is supposed to be almost 90 degrees on Wednesday and if I am still pregnant - I will NOT be happy!

House of Smiths said...

Great job! Love the shelf painted!
Cute decor too!
Shelley

Victoria said...

Wow, what beautiful girls you have!!! They are darling!

Our GW always prices things odd. 55 cents, 77 cents, $1.51 or $1.61, $8.88, etc. It's strange. I am sure there is some rhyme to their reason but I haven't figured it out yet. I went by this morning and didn't find anything. That's just how it goes though.

BTW, cool shelf you found!

Lori said...

Look at you, you crafty little thing! I want to have the energy to spray paint something (sad I know) And your beautiful girls are growing up so fast - loving the bangs by the way!

Jen~ Lipstick and Laundry said...

cute girlies and I LOVE the shelf!!

The Huffies said...

Love the skirts! they are so cute...can I borrow your mil for a while? HOpe you had fun at the pool...we'll catch you next time!

Jessica G. said...

I very nearly took my baby to the local baby contest last week...then I remembered that I had two other kids that would be bored out of their mind. So I'm kinda jealous that you got to do that with your girls!

frillsfluffandtrucks said...

I hope they have fun with the pageant!! :)

~ Sarah

Amanda@Imperfectly Beautiful said...

LOVE the little vignette you made on the newly madeover shelf. It looks FAB!

Ok, could those girls of yours be any cuter? NOPE! They are absolutely beautiful and look like such happy kids.

~Amanda

mom said...

Good luck tomorrow!

Nancy Moyle said...

I can't beleive how grown up your girls are!! I'm lovin' your whole blog...I'll check in more often as I'm getting high-speed soon!

Shannon said...

They are adorable!!

Love your porch! Love all of the patriotic decor. So cute.

Thanks for asking about Katie, she is doing MUCH better. She said this week is the first week she has felt totally back to normal.

Chelsie said...

the girls did so good, and i love the pics!! oh i heart those girls...congrats to them!! have they been wearing their tiaras?