Sunday, July 20, 2008

Ding Dong the witch is dead!

Is that really how the song goes? Probably not, but I did get your attention right?


So-I know I have been a slacker. What can I say? We have been busy, you know with all the summer crap. I am so ready for school to start. We start somewhere around the 25th of August. I think that I am going to make a chain out of paper. Maybe I will make a candy chain. You know, with the saran wrap and the hershey kisses. I think I'll do that. A peice of chocolate makes every day a little more bearable.

Don't you think??

I can't be the only Mom out there who is thinking about the first day of school and how fabuolous it will be.

I have two in school all day this year!!

YEA!!

I am starting to get giddy just thinking about it!!

Does this make a bad mom or normal?

So, you know how I re-decorate others homes?
If you don't know that, -I decorate others homes!
I love it!!
We go into a house, look at the stuff they have and redo it.
We sometimes add a couple of special touches to make it more homey, but for the most part, we use all their stuff.

For some reason, my bedroom has been really hard for me to figure out.
Master Bedrooms are hard.

Not too sure why.

Anyway-I finally figured it out.
for summer anyway.

You know me, I'll change again in the fall.

I hate things staying the same.


i love old windows! I have a ton of them too. So I am always looking for new ways to use them in my house. I saw the three windows on a decorating show once and I loved it!! I finally got my hubby to help me hang them!! YEA!

I got new bed shams from the thrift store. They were brand new, still with tags. They only cost me a buck each!! Don't worry-I used the anti-bacterial cycle on the new "lexus" to clean them! No bed bugs here! NO SIREE BOB!




I hate not having double sinks in my bathroom!! I hate it! When my hubby and I both have to go somewhere at the same time, we tend to yell.

So-I fixed it. I grabbed an old desk, filled the drawers with makeup. Put an old mirror on a plate stand and stuck a tray with all my lotions and potions and brushes in it!!


It defniately makes for a much easier morning!! Plus-I can pluck my eyebrows in the morning sunlight!! YES!!

Sorry-I couldn't get the pic to turn, you'll just have to turn your head a little weird. I had to post this pic though. I loved how the frames turned out. I saw in a magazine that they framed cute paper and wrapping paper and a little bling. I thought-perfect!! Cheap and fun!!

So-what do you think? When I change my bedding in the fall back to the chocolate bedding with the blue and green pillows, then I can change the paper to match! Super cute and super cheap! Right up my alley!!

I hope you all don't mind my posting my bedroom. I was just so happy that I finally got it done, done and I like it! Bonus! I had to share it with you!!

So-go hunting at the the thrift store and see what you can find! You and your hubby or whoever, will be so glad that you did! Heck-you will even have enough money left over that you can go and buy yourself a new outfit at Old Navy!!

29 comments:

Bridget said...

Love it! I love your old windows, I really need to get on the ball and do something with mine. Want to come over and fix my room? I think we only live about 9 hours or so away ;o).

Debra said...

I for one am EXCITED for school to start in 3 weeks. YAHOO!! I even have a ticker on my blog counting it down. Of course I only have 2 in school, 1 in preschool, 2 at home and I just started babysitting 3 more, but still. The ones at home at least NAP!

If you ever come out to Nauvoo... you HAVE To come decorate my house as I am only an hour north!!! I need all the help I can get!

Chelsie said...

It looks fabulous! As always! I thought of you the other day at rodworks. They had a beadboard picture frame and wrapped a ribbon around it and tied a bow and glued a tile over where the pic would go...that had some saying on it...then the bow rested just on top...it was darling! that would be cute in your window frames...with like pics or something...that might be a rather large pic though..hmm. Hope kal gets feeling better

Jen said...

So Cute! My bedroom also has blues and yellows, an old window and old ceiling tiles on the wall above my bed! I guess great minds think alike! Speaking of windows, Brian said he would make a table for ya out of the old window like we talked about! Just let me know! Maybe I'll see ya @ the DI this week! But I'm gonna take your advice an ditch the kids!

Megan said...

I look forward to the school year already and I have like 5 years to go! I totally get that Staples commercial now when the dad skips through the isles putting all the back to school stuff in the cart and the song playing is 'It's the most wonderful time of the year!'

Your bedroom looks cute. I wish I had an eye for decorating - it is definitely an art. Ross gets mad when I try and share a bathroom too- lets just say with 2 sisters and one bathroom, I was used to it and him having 2 brothers and 3 bathrooms - he isn't. Needless to say he usually gives up and goes into our other bathroom. Haha. Sucker!

frillsfluffandtrucks said...

Okay, LOVE the framed paper--that is so cute!!

I think I'm the only woman in the world who thinks it is a waste of space to have a double vanity. We have one and I wish we didn't!

~ Sarah

Rachel Berry said...

Watch out Bridget she's coming to my house first!!!!! :):)
Love your room it looks so FABULOUS!! I love old windows too hence my 4th of july window I made. Yes I'm patting myself on the back for actually getting that one done.
And yeah for plucking in natural light! I'm a plucker, your a plucker, wouldn't you like to be a plucker too! :) Okay it's late and I'm getting la'stupid. Talk to you later.

:)Rachel

Unknown said...

You seriously inspire me! Your room looks great! I am jealous. I think that masters are so hard to do too...that is why ours has nothing on the walls yet. Maybe I will steal some ideas :) Where do you get those awesome windows at?

Alison Wonderland said...

Cute! I love the "vanity" in your room, such a good idea.

Bonnie the Boss said...

Don't you just love having people fight over who's house you get to play at first? Thing is, they don't realize I get you first because I live the closest! Neener, neener.
School cannot come soon enough.

Unknown said...

Oh WOW!!!!!!!! How adorable!! I'm loving the frames with the paper! Thank you for sharing and inspriring!!!

Nicole said...

Your bedroom looks beautiful. I love the colors your used, it look so cheerful. I really love your wall, did you paint them yourself? I'm gonna have to watch for some of those old window panes, they look really great where you have them.

The Huffies said...

As always...you amaze me with your "skills". We still need to go on our field trip to Ben's office...it needs serious work and you're just the friend to do it! Hope you had a better weekend, love ya!

Jessica G. said...

I am looking forward to school starting, too! Both kids will be going: kindergarten and preschool. Yipppeeee!

And I love that you made your own vanity! Very clever. I could really use your help around this place...

Tausha said...

I love everyone! I wish that all you lived a little closer. i would come to all of your houses and decorate like crazy!! I discovered a new thrift store and i want to know where the heck i have been! Awesome deals were scored for a client. Nicole-the windows-old houses all over town. (my aunt is an inspecter) Just wait till you guys see what I do with an old shelf head board. Too cute! Now, only if i could get it done!

Rhoda @ Southern Hospitality said...

Hey, thank you for stopping by! I'm so glad you did & I enjoyed your comments. You're too funny! Looks like you love to decorate too & thrift also. I know, isn't that fun?? Please come back & visit me again.

Rhoda

Anonymous said...

Welcome to my blog girlfriend... Where have you been? Im so glad we found each other... Im sure this will be a friendship indeed... cant wait to go through all of your post too! Nice to meet you.... Susie H~

Joy said...

My daughter was amazed to find out that I'm not the only one who has a stash of windows. A girl needs a stash! It comes in handy for so many things, like your charming wall decor!

Shirlee said...

That first pic is a great shot! Someday I'm going to have a real grown up bedroom, just like I see in the magazines and blogland.
Why is it the MB is the last to get done?
Love the old windows. They're hard to find where I live.
Have a great week! :)

Anonymous said...

Very cute! And very creative! I need you to come help me out.

Shannon said...

Love all your ideas! So fun!! Congrats on your new "lexus"! :)

Anonymous said...

Hi... I think I got that letter M at walmart... really not sure... Susie h~

Lori said...

Good work Taush, I hope you are coming with your basket full of tricks and one extra day when you come visit to do my house!
What aunt is an inspector? One of mine? I want old windows/doors to make a desk. Hook your favorite cousin up!

Heather said...

Thank you so much for making my day with your comment on my blog. I love new bloggy friends!! I'll be poking around your blog here in a minute, but I wanted to stop and gush about how beautiful your bedroom is!! The walls are delicious and I, too, love old windows. They have such character. And I'm not jealous at all that you'll have two in school all day. Nope. Not jealous. one. bit.

I'll be back!

Marie said...

Thanks for coming by my blog... and "refinding" me. lol I'm glad you did- I am enjoying your blog a lot! I am putting you in my reader. :o)

Don't hate me, but school starts here for my kids in 9 days! Yessss!

Trooper Thorn said...

You'd think the kids were in school all day, but with all the Professional Development Days, Early Dismissals, Half Days and holidays no businesses recognize, I think the kids are in school for about 4 days between September and January.

Melissa said...

Your bedroom looks fantastic!! I wish I owned my own home again... seeing your beautiful walls makes me want to paint!

Kimba said...

I love, love, love those windows above your bed. What a great idea! And I love the idea of the desk as a vanity.

Mama's the Boss said...

I am glad you found my blog. I am enjoying reading yours.

This bedroom is fabulous. I would have never thought of the old windows--very cool.