Monday, July 28, 2008

Lazy days of summer



I am so ready for summer to be over. I know that I have said this before-I just feel the need to reiterate this point.


I will not miss the oppurtunity to sleep in until 9! Alright-sometimes 10. I'll tell the truth! My kids are good to let mommy sleep. Not so good when I wake up!



So-after doing way too many loads of laundry I had the need to craft!!



This is what I did.


I had a little old lady neighbor that was so sweet to me and she gave me this clock! I love clocks! All kinds. They don't even have to work. All they have to do is be cute.

I spray painted this on sunday night at about 9:15 p.m.-my hubby just rolled his eyes-again. I am starting to get used to this reaction.I hated the black and gold on the glass so I modge podged some cute paper over it. No, the hands are not real-Like I said, clocks don't have to work to be cute. When I come across some hands that are big enough and cute enough, I will replace my homemade ones. I am just too impatient. Sorry! What can I say.

I haven't hung it yet, not too sure where to put it. I am hoping that I will dream about it tonight. Yes, I have major decisions going through my head.

I also did this clock. I picked it up about a month ago at the thrift store. It was $2.00. Again, I just pulled out the modge podge and paper and Voila! 8 broke my super cute H that was on my new "entry table" so I had to replace it with something tall. My girls have never broke any of my decor before. I was ticked! But, it was an accident. still mad though. Next "h" will be hung on the wall.


I forgot to take a picture of what it looked like before till I was halfway done. Sorry! I used this super cute paisley paper. I had this "H" that I picked up at Wally's. It was a $1.25 and way to plain for me. So I add some more paisley paper to kick it up a bit. I love this crafty bug! I figure I better do all I can why I want too. I know all too well life will get in the way soon enough.

Have a great day and go craft something, you will feel better!

23 comments:

Debra said...

I REALLY need to learn how to modge podge!!! Is it hard to do?

Marie said...

CUTE clocks! I love the paper you used. I plan on attempting to be crafty today, myself! Cross your fingers for me... I would cross mine, but I'm sure I'll somehow glue them together. Forever.

Alison Wonderland said...

I'm not really crafty so I don't think that crafting would really improve my outlook but I do have a major decorating project coming up so I love getting ideas.

Jessica G. said...

Wish the crafty bug would come and infest my house! Cute job on those clocks!

Anonymous said...

You really are crafty! I would never think of the things you are able to pull off. Looks great!

Megan said...

So if the clocks don't have to actually work, how do you decide what time you always want it to be? Is 2:52 a good time at your house? After all, it does mean 'Ellen' is almost on.

The Beauty Bargainista said...

Oh My Gosh! How cute are those clocks! Im so addicted to modge podge! hehe This is awesome, Great Job!!

Nicole said...

I love your clocks. I can't beleive how different they look, you did an awesome job. Your the Modge Podge Queen, you could make anything look good with Modge Podge.

Jen said...

Hey thanks for letting me see your casa today! That table that you are working on in the garage......OH MY CUTE!!!!! You, my dear are a rockstar!

Joy said...

Look at you being so crafty! Great projects! I still need to get the nack of modge podge. Every time I try to use it, the paper gets all wrinkly and then I get frustrated and try something else. Got any suggestions?

Heather said...

SO CUTE!!! I do looooove my modge podge.

Courtney said...

love these! you are GOOD with paper, girl!

Gettysburg Homestead said...

Thanks so much for stopping over today and leaving such a kind comment.

You have some really great redos. I LOVE thrift store shopping although I went today and found nothing for me. Found some clothes for everyones else, but nada for me.

Great job on the chair. The red is awesome!

Mary

Shirlee said...

I've been in a crafty mood too. Is it a side effect from the summer heat? I love clocks too and I think I'm going to have to get myself a BIG letter as well. I like 'em plain and all decked out in snazzy paper.

KATHY OF SWEETHOME GARDENS said...

Just love the clock redo...and especially love that red chair you painted. Come for a visit some time.
Kathy

Crazycozartclan said...

Dontcha just love the modge podge! I do. I hardly ever do it now. Your stuff looks cute! I am ready for summer to be over too (I think) only 2 more weeks to go!

Anonymous said...

I LOOOOOOOOOOVE your crafts you have been doing...you are so CUTE!

love your scrap book "H"

=)

abeachcottage said...

wow that is one fantastic makeover, can you imagine how much that would cost in an upmarket boutique???? love it!

Sarah

The Huffies said...

Loved the clock...thanks for letting us have our own personal Parade of Homes the other day...I felt a little creepy in your house without you there! Love all your new stuff - i wish your talent would rub off on me! Love, Carol

Carry Grace said...

The clocks are really cute! I love paisley paper!

Mary said...

Very clever!

cherry said...

Very cool redos. I love clocks...the more the merrier. Yeah I have gotten bad about sleeping in later as well....and I WILL miss it. We still have almost a month before school starts. cherry

Good Times, Good Food, Good Memories said...

Seriously! You NEVER stop amazing me. SO CUTE!