Saturday, July 26, 2008

Finally Finished!

Yea-I finally got it done!
After sitting in my garage for about 2 weeks, I finally got them all painted!
This is just two of the 6 things that I did today. I will post the freaking, cutest sofa table ever another day. I have to spread it out-I don't do stuff like this as often as I should.
The sofa table is for a client. I am pretty sure that she is going to love it! I know that I do!
This table/bookshelf was originally for another client, but I loved it too much that I kept it for myself. I know, I am terrible. We found her something else. (If you were worried.)
This is a chair that Bonnie gave me a year ago. I saw it sitting in her garage all lonely and forgotten. I commented on how much I loved it and one day she brought it down to me! Isn't she the best. Too bad you don't all have a Bonnie.
I was trying to sleep last night and the bright idea to paint the chair came into my head.

BEFORE -it still looked great, I just wanted something different.

After. What do you think? Super cute huh? I was wondering why I didn't do this a long time ago. My husband thinks it's too bright, but what does he know?This is my downstairs entry wall. This is the fabulous view I see when I walk in the door every day. Nice huh?This is an old bed headboard. It was ugly brown and scratched all up. This is the in between process. Still needed another coat of black and poly.

So-what do you think? Too cute huh? I recomend that everyone go out to the thrift store and pick up an old headboard. The headboard was $8.00 Red box-$1.00-sparay painted that red. We will use that for the mail. The hook that the quilt is on was a $1.00. I spray painted an old frame hanging out in the garage and stuck a wreath over it. I love how it looked and I think that I will copy it for our client this week. The letter H was gold-spray painted that too. All the other stuff was gathered from around the house. You know rob peter to pay paul? I do that all the time!

I love how it turned out. I want to find another one for the upstairs entry. These headboards are perfect for the entryway because they are usually very narrow and a table is hard to find. So-I will have to head to thrift store on Monday. Shhh don't tell my husband!

34 comments:

Tonya said...

Awesome! It looks great. You really should help me with stuff like that. So I am sooooo bored I think I just might die. I threw my back out and can't get out of bed. So I have been on the computer all night. AHHHHHH!

Em said...

WOW, I need you. I have tons of stuff to paint over here! Thanks for the suggestion of the flowers in the S&P shakers... I am going to do that! I think only daisy stems might fit in those tiny holes... but I am going to do it! BTW I have something for you at my blog... go check it out!

sariqd said...

!!! I LOVE THAT CHAIR! Excuse me while I knock everyone down on my way to go um... take ... um... that chair! lol!

BUT - you should be proud of me... check my blog in a couple of days. No, really, do.

(And - on a side note, could you change your options so I can sign in as sariqd and not as my family blog? Pretty please?)

Lori said...

Love the headboard idea. How do you find this stuff? Seriously? Do you stalk your thrift stores or what?? And, yes I'll have some Modbe stuff for you when you come. So exciting!

Rachel Berry said...

Holy Crap I ♥ It!! Seriously! The red.... oh be still my heart. I think it's time to add more red to my house. I think I'm in love.

:)Rachel

Marie said...

VERY cute! I love that chair!!

Heidi Reed said...

I am so glad you showed these on your site. Inspiration for doing my kid's furniture. I found out that I have to wait until I'm done being pregnant and breastfeeding. Anyway, this will be a 2009 project and I am so happy you showed me how that black turns out. Beautiful girlie. I love them all!!

Heidi

Deb said...

Wow Tausha great transformations. I think I need to find one of those headboards. Who would have thought that it would work so well as a table. I also love, love, love the chair. Great job. Can't wait to see what else you come up with.

Nicole said...

That is too cute. I would have never thought to use a headboard for that, it's darling. I LOVE that quilt you have hanging up, and the red chair, lucky you. Ya wanna come to my house and help me out? Did you decide if you'd wanna do that scrapbook class w/me, no pressure.

Bonnie the Boss said...

I promise won't tell. My lips are sealed!!!!! But only if I can find a babysitter and go with you.
So dang cute!! I don't think the chair is too bright.

Crazycozartclan said...

I love it! I ended up not going to the cabin (you already knew that) It all had to do with evil stepmother issues.... anyway it got canceled late the night before. I figured you guys were well on your way to having fun so I'd catch you next time! I really do love all the stuff you did. How was the girls night?

sp.dandilicious@gmail.com said...

That headboard/table display is so stinkin' cute. I need to come see your house and all the cute stuff you have done.

Chelsie said...

ah i love the red rocking chair! it looks fabulous!

Lettered Cottage said...

TOO CUTE!

Way to go girl. Love your style!

Layla
The Lettered Cottage

cherry said...

I have been enjoying your blog. I LOVE your red chair...perfect with your little pillow. My dining room chairs are red. ONe of my fave colors. Your entryway area came out darling. I will have to add you to my faves on my site. Thanks for the visit. cherry

Tinabean said...

You are amazing & come up with the best ideas!
I can't wait until you come help me.
I'll have to clean my house first though.

Blogger said...

I think this looks AWESOME!!!

Can you please come to my blog and give me advice on my Laundry Hamper/Picture area...it's called "What to do, what to do" I think, from sometime last week.

I just found your blog from Layla's.

I am adding you to my favs:)

Bella

Karin said...

OOOOH! Nice! I like to call paint The Great Equalizer. I can make anything look better with a can of pray paint. Well, almost. Love your red chair

Karin

Debra said...

Oh you so rock!!!

I am going to remember the headboard idea for when my twins are out of their destruction stage! Right now I canNOT leave anything like that out or it will be destroyed!

Shannon said...

Ok, this is too cute!! I love all of it. I love how you decorated the headboard too. Love it!!

The Beauty Bargainista said...

wow girl! you rocked that table and chair! SOOO much better! :) LOVE IT!

Shirlee said...

Wow, what a wonderful idea using the headboard for an entry table. I love how you accessorized it too. I'm so loving red right now but I have a lot of black in the LR/DR so I'm trying to make it all work without looking to "vampire-ish". I'm also on a white/cream kick so that's helping. :)
The chair looks great too. Never mind the hubby's comments (re: the red chair), they all do that. Send him up to Canada to do a little fishing, then you can paint to your hearts' content.

Have a great day T!

Jen said...

Tausha, you truely inspire me! I love the red chair!

The Haley Family said...

wow, how fun! I love doing stuff like that! I have an old window I found in my basement (1920's home) and put some vinyl lettering on it and hung it on my living room wall! I LOVE IT!!

Thanks for the inspiration!

Julie@My5monkeys said...

those look awesome . wow thats cool. Wish I had talent like that.

Joy said...

This is why rift stores are sooooo addicting! I love all of your red and black decor. TOO CUTE!

Anonymous said...

What a great job! Your chair looks awesome and oh the table with all the goodies.. I really liked that little quilt thing...sweet! Susie h~

Kimba said...

Oh my word! I love that red chair. I mean really, really love it! And what a fantastic idea for reusing a headboard as a table. It looks great.

You've been busy!

Julia @ Hooked on Houses said...

Oh! I'm crazy about that red chair. It makes me want to find a chair around here to paint red now! Loved seeing your clock and furniture makeovers. -Julia :-)

frillsfluffandtrucks said...

Ooooh, love the red chair and LOVE the fantastic entry transformation--it all looks so fresh and cheerful. Love all of it, truly!!

~ Sarah

Connie said...

Come over and help me ... I have Sangria ...

Carry Grace said...

These are great finds! You did a fabulous job!

Anonymous said...

OMGOSH!! LOVE the headboard idea! I have been looking and looking for a taller narrow table for a certain spot in my house..
I am totally going to goodwill tomorrow!!!
Thanks!

Cara said...

I'm just out blog surfin and came across your blog! I LOVE this idea.. and now you have me on the hunt for a headboard. Stupid me gave one almost exactly like that away last year (picture me, thumping my head!) I'm off to see what other creative idea's you've come up with!

Cara
http://deepfriedapplepies.wordpress.com