Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Before and After's

I know that you are oh so excited to see the before and afters. You can hardly contain yourself? Well-here you go.

This is the dining room. It was originally the family room-we switched the furniture so it would be more cozy.







This is the family room. She has such a cute little potbelly stove. We wanted her to want to spend time in here. She loved it! Mission accomplished!









Sorry-not a lot of pics for the family room. I tried to get some of the window treatments-it was WAY to bright and the pics were terrible.

I love the plate rack! The plates were picked up at good will. A quarter!
I so love it when I get a good deal. My client was pretty stoked as well.

One last picture. these are the back of her kitchen cabinets. This is what you look at when you sit in the family room. Her budget was pretty small, so we had to come up with something that would not only fill the space, but look great as well.
I love how this turned out. Just got some frames from the thrift store-painted them red and voila!
She had the cute bird pic in the middle. It was such a cheap fix, and such a big impact. I must do this again.
If you have a wall that you don't know what to do with it. Do this. Cheap and easy!
My kind of project!
Ok-I think that I have talked enough for one day. Hope that you liked the pics.
Have a fantastic day! I am off to make blackberry jam! (yep-I am that domestic or stupid-one of the two)












13 comments:

Melissa said...

I love your before and afters! You did a great job... the family room looks fantastic!

Crazycozartclan said...

Cute pics of the house. You did a great job! I did strawberry and rasberry jam last week. Yummy. Hope the blackberry turns out fabulous.

Rae said...

Thanks for showing us what you've been up to!

Jen~ Lipstick and Laundry said...

Loving the afters...I like the three teired baskets!

Em said...

I love before and afters... most of the time I forgot to take the before shot though! Great job!

Amy said...

I'm a big fan of before and afters. I think you did a great job. I love your color choices.

Georgia Girl said...

Love the before/after pics! Yes you can get really cheap stuff that looks so cool...I am seeing that a lot lately since I came upon so many talented folks blogs...Teaching this chick a thing or to...Today I went to salvation army again for the second time...and oh I got a neat wagon wheel cart all painted for spring but it is going to be black for my halloween project...Hope to do it this weekend.

oh and blackberry jam...nope not stupid at all cause I love that stuff. I just got a jar of some in the mountains a few weeks ago...yummish as can be!

frillsfluffandtrucks said...

I love seeing before and after pictures!

~ Sarah

Darlene said...

Great pictures great re-arrangement....looks comfy and cozy now in both of the spaces!! Great job!

Nicole said...

Hey I like that heart idea below. You did an awesome job on the makeover. I really need to try out the goodwill. My mom and sister went there last week and found some great stuff.

Connie said...

Nice job! You still need to come over to my house and help me out with window treatments. ;)

Nicole said...

Don't tell me you were at the Tai Pan in Clearfield, I will be really ticked. That would have been so fun to run into you. One of these days we totally need to meet up, but then you'd realize what a dork I am.

Beth at Aunties said...

Great before shots and afters. You must be an awesome shopper if you find yourself roaming the beautiful aisles of Tai Pan! I also enjoy red and makes a home happier!
It looks great!
Beth