Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Overheard

I know that I shouldn't laugh, but this was too funny not too share.
You know how when some people tell you stories about their kids, are they are not really that funny?
Maybe this story will be like that.
If it is, it's your own fault that you don't think my kids are funny!

We were eating dinner and 6 had just got done slurping up her soup with her straw.
(what a great idea huh-they always drink every bit)
It was her turn to tell us about her day.
You know how kids don't leave out any details.
6 is espescially good at this.
So-she told what her teacher wore today and what she and her friends played at recess.
You know, only the really important stuff.
She said, with a straight face-cause to her it wasn't funny, only to her mean mom!
Mom-I am quittin the monkey bars!
They are just too painful. I don't want to quit, but I think it would be good if I did.
(she really said these words-so not kidding)

I almost spit my milk out!
Hubby and I were cracking up!
He said to me-Honey I'm gonna quit the swings!
I replied with, I gotta quit the slide.
Too painful!
then we laughed out loud!
I know, we win the award for the most terrible parents ever.
It's ok, I have accepted it and moved on!

21 comments:

Leeann said...

LOL I absolutely LOVE some of the stuff that my kids say.

Depending on who's around.

Some stuff...Grandma just DOESN'T need to know! :)

Crazycozartclan said...

Nice..... Haley says stuff like this all the time. I totally love it!

Rae said...

Definitely the best. Kids say the bestest things!!!

Chelsie said...

ha i love it...so did hannah cry once you guys started laughing...bless her sweet little heart

Amy said...

Now that WAS funny:) Oh to be young again and have the monkey bars my big dilemma in life.

Carry Grace said...

Seriously funny! Kids tell the best stories.

Em said...

My daughter (6) just said...

mom when you get married I am going to be your flower girl right?

ME: of course!

HER: and Luke is going to be the Right Hand Man!

LOL - kids are great for laughs!

cherry said...

Too cute..hope you write that down in her baby journal. cherry

Rachel Berry said...

Oh that's too funny. Being the kind of Mom that I am.... I would have laughed too!

;)R.

Alison Wonderland said...

I've been trying to quit the teeter-totter for years but I just can't do it.

Chris said...

What a cute story! I laughed! Re: Halloween advent calendar. This might be lengthy, but I didn't see your e-mail address. I bought the little paper mache boxes at a craft store (Hobby Lobby). Wal Mart had them even cheaper at .69 cents, so I'll be going there now. I spray painted them black, decoupaged Halloween paper on the front, embellished, and hot glued a strong magnet to the back. The boxes vary in size a little, but I plan on putting some little pieces of candy (for two kids), a Halloween tattoo, etc. in there. I hope you end up doing it! It's been fun making it, and my kids are elated! I hope I didn't forget anything! Good luck!

Jen said...

That's so funny! On Monday my 9 year old came home from school and told me how apalled (oh yes, she went there) she was with the choices for President! Yep! That's my little political analist!

Unknown said...

Oh my GOSH - i love it! That is so funny! Bless her heart you can see she's been struggling with it!!!

Beth at Aunties said...

Kids are so darn cute! You have to love them and they are so serious! We have had a few funnies lately ourselves I thought I would blog about them...just haven't had time:)
Thanks for visiting and your sweet words of encouragement and offering your advice. We will probably need it! Yikes it is all coming fast:)
Beth

Megan said...

I laugh at Anna all the time and the other lady in nursery looks at me like I am the worst parent ever. Where is the fun in that? Isn't that we we had kids to begin with? No? Oh well - it's still funny anyway ;)

Bonnie the Boss said...

You are not horrible that is funny.

Debra said...

That is HILARIOUS!!!!!!

Buzzings of a Queen Bee! said...

Hilarious! I love how seriously she took her proclamation!

Shell in your Pocket said...

Kids can say the craziest things! My kids have said some "whoppers"...but it's cute in their "own little" way!
-Sandy Toes

The Huffies said...

I can just hear it coming out of her mouth...I'm glad to hear my soup idea worked for you...it works for us everytime! Love the 6 year olds, they're so dramatic!

Shannon said...

I love it but I am with her. Have you tried the monkey bars lately? I try to do them everytime we go to the park and its brutal on the hands. You can tell her I am totally quitting the monkey bars too!