Thursday, February 26, 2009

The Tooth Fairy

Am I the only adult out there who wishes there was a tooth fairy for our big, old teeth?
I mean, come one, think about it.
We have to PAY the guy to rip the tooth out of your head, and then we have to deal with the pain of pulling the thing out.
Then....to top it all off, no one winged, mythical creature comes and takes the tooth that I put under my pillow.
Heck, the fairy wouldn't even have to leave money.
Of course, I wouldn't turn down money, but I would take anything.
Clean laundry, a dishwasher that was "magically" unloaded, chocolate.
Although, maybe the chocolate is what got me into this mess in the first place.

So, here I sit, a big, old hole in my mouth-dishes all over and laundry undone, wishing that a fairy was on the way!

Sometimes it just sucks to be an adult.

P.S.-I was under the unfluence of GOOD drugs when I wrote this-so that might be part of the reason why I don't make sense and I am bitter.

6 comments:

Megan said...

I think someone should start said 'fairy' business. I like the sound of that. Good ideas come when under the influence ;) Those are always the funnest 'Ellen' shows to watch! LOL.

Darlene said...

Now your fairy business sounds good to me!!!! Hope your mouth feels better soon.

Jen said...

That really sucks! I absolutely hate the dentist. In fact, I chipped a tooth a couple of weeks ago and I've been putting off going to get it fixed cuz I'm such a baby! I hope it starts feeling better soon!

Unknown said...

That is too bad. I hate the dentist. I think I would rather go anywhere else! Hope your tooth starts feeling better soon!

Bonnie the Boss said...

You have every right to be bitter! I am so sorry! There does need to be an adult tooth fairy, for any time we as adults loose anything, our minds, our keys.....etc.

Jillybean said...

The tooth fairy doesn't really come to our house anymore. She kept forgetting to show up when the teeth were placed under the pillows. Either that or she didn't want to walk all the way downstairs to swap the money for the teeth, or she just doesn't have any change................
The kids are keeping track of how much money the tooth fairy owes them.