Saturday, February 28, 2009

Webkinz vs. Facebook

As you all know-I have 3 little people that mooch off of me.
They are all very girly, with curly hair and pink clothes.
They say silly things and play mani/pedi's on saturday morning.
But, my little girls are techy.

You know that Microsoft commercial with the 4 year old and the camera.
You know the one where she takes a pic-plugs the camera in and edits the picture.
Then, she emails it to her family.
My 4 year old can do this-my mother can't though.
I am so not kidding.

My little techies can also manuever the world of webkinz.
They can go to work to make money so they can buy things.
At least my girls buy clothes and things to decorate their houses.
They do have their priorities.
This little world of stuffed animals never ceases to amaze me.
I really wish that I was one of the now ridiculously rich people to come up with it.
I am putting my money on a mom-no doubt her kids were driving her crazy.
Or, she was probably one of those moms who loved her kids and never yelled and her kids voices never grated on her nerves!
(can you tell it is 8 o'clock at night and bedtime)

So-as my kids were chatting with their friends online and bartering fire-breathing dragon beds for curtains (so not kidding) I thought ,
Heck-these girls would be a wiz on facebook.
They could probably teach me AND use the voice I used to use on my mom.
"Ahhh Mom, come on, it's not that hard."

So, if I was wondering if I am being a good parent, you know teaching my children right from wrong, how to be honest, good, hard working people.
I will always know that I have taught my children the important things in life.
How to be effecient online.
Shopping, making friends and the like.

Now, if only they could make facebook as fun as Webkinz world.
Probably a good thing they don't. I already spend way too much time online.

7 comments:

Christina said...

My kids know more about the computer than I do. Way more.

My daughter is into webkinz also and my son had his things that he does. They amaze me. I always ask my son how he can learn "his" things so fast and not learn his multiplication tables so quickly.

Hope you are doing well.

Maisy said...

Tausha~
Thanks so much for stopping by my blog. I think it's hilarious you think i'm funny. That is what goes on in my brain every day...all day long...this stream of thought.
That is one of the reasons why I blog. I don't have to watch punctuation and all that not fun stuff.
I just wanted to let you know that I checked out your etsy site. i love all the stuff there. I'm going to wait a day or two but I really love the St Pattys rag wreath. can ya tell i'm irish?
i wish you lived near me. i truly need a sassy hair stylist..i think i suffer from hair ADD.
any-hoo. thanks again...your kind words make my day!!

megan said...

Lol. My 1 year old daughter just started pointing the Wii Remote at the tv when I was doing Wii fit. She gets the concept already. Crazy!
=)
Thanks for your kind comment over on my blog!
-Megan

Amanda@Imperfectly Beautiful said...

So funny...and so true! I was almost totally computer illiterate before I started blogging. Well, let's be honest...I still pretty much am.

LYLAS ~ Amanda

p.s. How's the big gaping hole in your mouth doing? So glad to hear that you blog while on good pain meds. That is dedication!

Chelsie said...

ha, i always thought that was just something that our generation had with our parents and technology, but apparently it will continue with each generation huh. haha

Jessica G. said...

I like Webkinz but I like ePets better for the younger ages. :)

And if you figure out Facebook, let me know because I am pretty clueless, too.

Shannon said...

I don't even want to think about how much time I spend on line! :)