Friday, February 15, 2008

Fun Friday Facts

So-I decided that this whole blogging thing is very theraputic. So, I think that I will give it a try. I have been told that it is calming, helps you be a better mom, wife, and makes you skinnier-So, obviously it also causes dillusional thoughts, or it could be the pain pills talking. Either way, I will continue to tell you all about my day.


I woke up and wanted to go back to bed, thats normal right? My Loving husband poured the ceral, got in the shower and left mom to ref. Did i mention that i wanted to go back to bed. I got the girls all ready, checked my husbands clothing choice and shoved them all out the door. Then, i went back to bed, for about 2 1/2 minutes. You know when you find that comfy spot, finally relax and just start to close your eyes then the STUPID phone rings. I press ingnore, then it rings again! Do these people not understand that i wanted to go back to bed?


But-the day was not all bad. I have not been out of the house for a while, cause of this whole CPP thing and i hate to leave when i don't fell good. So, i was itching to spend some money! you know that we all get that way-just admit it!

So, where does a girl go when she wants to spend some money-The D.I. of course! For those of you who are not from Utah-this is a thift/junk store, but I LOVE it! I love to go in there and search through other people's crap and find something that is really cool. Now, you have to understand, i love to find totally, ugly, yucky things, take them home, clean them up, spary paint them and put them in my house! I get such a kick out of people coming into my home, telling me that they love this and this and where did i get it? The DI of course-it is my own little private thrill when i can turn crap into cute!


But, i am a bad mom, ceral was on the menu for dinner tonight. I had chocolate covered Cinnamon Bears left over from V-Day. I think that Moms should get an extra food group-chocolate, and it should not have any calories, fat or make your butt look bigger.


I do want to show you all something that i made-these cute block were super easy and turned out pretty cute if i do say so myself. I am thinking that i want to make some for easter, but i have yet to come up with any words for spring that are only 4 letters. If anyone has any ideas, let me know.


I know that this is the most random post ever, but i hope that there are other moms out there who just need to blog:) Thanks for reading and leaving a comment. I never knew how much my self esteem depended on comments from random people, so please, make my day!

5 comments:

Tausha said...

Oh my heavens your blocks look so cute...they are making mine look all lonely and sad! I'm hoping you're really on board with the blogging thing this time! :-) And I totally agree...the comments make my day. So just an FYI I think you are a fabulous sister in law and I feel that we have become a lot closer in this past year. Thanks for always offering to take Coop and for doing little things to make my day more often times than not. I love you!

Chelsie said...

I just realized I was still signed in under your name from fixing your blog...that comment was not you...it was actually me...ha

Lori said...

4 letter words - eggs? Sorry, all I could come up with. Like the new blog look. And, you are not the only one who frequents the thrift stores. My mom, Jessica and I will head out to Goodwill on 50% off day. You have to get there right when it opens though to get the good household items. If you ever come down here, you should go...

Jessica G. said...

Really cute idea! I'd love to see a step-by-step post on how you re-do a DI find...I can never find anything in those stores so maybe that will help open my eyes to the potential.

As for the Easter idea, I'd suggest HOPS but that sounds like you're brewing beer...maybe just HOP with a picture of a bunny on the last one? I like the EGGS idea, too.

Unknown said...

Sooo... freaking cute Taush!!! Now the real question is, how did you make them. I'm ready for a project. I freaking miss you, Jenn and your mom of coarse. xoxox