Sunday, February 24, 2008

HELP ME PLEASE!

-ok- so i am a procrastinator-big time! I joined this book club thinking that it would be fun-i was wrong. I love to read-but when i have to, or someone tells me what to read, its not fun anymore. So, the book for this month-THE AGE OF INNOCENCE
book club meeting is tuesday night-at my house. If it was not here, i would not read this book! I tried to read it, i really did, but it is boring , and i would much rather watch the hallmark movie that is on tv. So, for those of you who have read this book-will you please help me. What is it about? How about some blog notes instead of cliff notes? I would really appreciate it-really i would and if you love this book and don't own a copy and help me out-i will send you the copy i just bought out of desperation! Thank you in advance!

3 comments:

Crazycozartclan said...

Ha Ha Ha he he. I am totally not laughing at you! Just laughing because you used to do the same thing in english in HS. You would be asking all locker (mates) what you should do before you were headed to class. I guess some things never change : ) Sorry I never read that book, so no help here! Love ya

elizasmom said...

Hi Tausha -

Check out the book club guide at Pengiun: http://us.penguingroup.com/static/rguides/us/age_of_innocence.html

for a summary and discussion questions. (We are totally open about using pre-written questions in my book club when we can't come up with stuff on our own, and if you google the book title plus "book club" must publishers will have sites set up to help you.

Totally unrelated, I read around in your archives a little bit and am completely envious of your hairstyle. I tried to do that to mine once because I think it's a really cute style but my hair won't do it AT ALL.

melissious said...

Aww, I wish I could help you. It actually sounds like something I'd be interested in, actually. I'd offer to read it for you, but I don't think I'd make the deadline... Big, BIG procrastinator here too! If it's a good book, I usually finish it to my own detriment (read: stay up all night reading it with the whole "Oh, I'll read for one more half hour - and take a nap tomorrow...")
Actually, I've probably read it, but the information was crowded out with useless facts from various Disney/Pixar movies (and sports info, thanks Hubby.)