Wednesday, February 20, 2008

I want to be on OPRAH!


Ok- i don't know if any of you watched Oprah today, if you didn't, check the website because it was an AWESOME! I don't know about any of you, but sometimes i tend to get stuck in the MOM rut. I know that i am not alone in this. I love t-shrits and stretchy pj pants. I love to be comfy, but i will get dressed up when we go out, but as soon as i come home, the levis' are off and the stretchy pants are on.


So-if you missed Oprah-she had Schlumpadinka Moms that wore the same clothes that I am wearing right now, and redid them in comfy, fabulous clothes that were affordable. OH MY HECK! They were super cute and not all of these moms were a size 6 either. I am sure that those of you who are a size 6 are fabulous, but i secretely hate you all. My bones are probably not even a size 6!


They had the cutest Yoga pants from Old Navy paired with this super cute jacket and t-shirt with flats-loved it! And the pants were only 16.50. I need to go shopping! (notice i said need-not want because i always want to go shopping! ) I told my husband that i needed some new bra's-i said,


"i can go to Maceys-they are going out of business so i can get everything on sale-


this is what he said-"when you leave the house, we will buy you some"


he is a punk! So-i am going to go shopping and buy more than just bras!


Guess he should have said,


"sure honey, whatever you want!"


I know that all of your husbands say this-right?!




Ok-to get back on track-on Oprah, they said that you need 10 essential peices.


A trench coat


Tunic


Little black dress(they paired it with dark levis-darling!)


White pants( i am not sure about this one)


dark pants


White levi jacket


cashmere sweater(never had one before, got for my birthday-LOVE IT! If you dont have one-old navy-yes, you can afford it)


Cute annimal print shoes-if you nothing to go with them, they will go with everything!


black skirt


cute bright gauzy scarf-if you go to oprah's site-he shows you how to tie them. Who new?




Women of the interenet world, LISTEN UP! (ok-lets get serious, i probably don't even have more than 20 people who look at this, but a girl can dream, right?)




so- all you fabulous women out there who wear sweats, draw string pants, and their husbands t-shirts-lets go shopping! (like we need an excuse)




Good luck-i am sure that you will all look fabulous! i am going to go-i need the pick me up, i am sure that my husband will be thrilled!


Not me-but loved this look. these are yoga pants-yea STRETCH!


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

TAUSHA!! I can't believe I came across your blog...and i HOPE you remember who I am...lol

How are you doing by the way??
I SAW the Oprah show, And i thought the same thing...ONLY I am pregnant and am ITCHING to by "normal" clothes again---- I LOVE TO SHOP TOO ( The DI is the best) =)

Lori said...

Hey, thanks for the heads up. I have about 8 Oprah's
tivo'd. By the time I get around to watching it, everything will probably be sold out!

Chelsie said...

I didn't catch it, even after you told me to turn it on...but I'll have to check out their website. I've been wanting a little black dress forever! One of these days I'm going to cave and buy one. They have the cutest ones at shabby apple that I have my eye on.

melissious said...

First, thanks for being so sweet on my blog. It really meant alot.

Okay, there is nothing about any black dress I own, or may someday own, that would be LITTLE. That's my problem with the whole "simple wardrobe" thing. I think I need to be on Oprah too!!
Oh, and yeah, those are basically the only words that come out of my husband's mouth "Whatever you want, sweetie!" (Boy am I a bad liar!)
EEK!! WHITE PANTS?!?!
All I can do is giggle about the scarf. Hee hee hee... I'm sure I have a scarf somewhere... it's probably under the pile of shoes that don't fit my kids anymore.
I need those yoga pants, though!! THAT, I can do. :)
I love your blog, by the way. :)

Heidi Reed said...

No White Pants EVER! That would make my arse look 10 times bigger and what underwear do you wear with white pants? Thongs so my cellulite shows through? Regular so my pany lines show through? Huh? I know, Oprah would wear spanx from her chest to her ankles. I don't own spanx and I don't want them either!

You are a funny lady. I enjoy your blog too!

Heidi