Wednesday, March 12, 2008

The best blog ever and my new passion!

ok people, two things that have been consuming my free time in my life lately. Coupons and this guys freekingly funny blog. I do not know this man. I have never met him, but I do frequent his blog. He makes me laugh out loud. Sometimes so much, i get little tears in my eyes. He is a dad and he blogs about his kids and his adventures with his kids. He must be very smart, he sounds very smart. Can someone sound smart? Anyway-I love his blog. You must all go and read it and tell all of your friends. Add it to your blog roll because all of us need a good chuckle or a rip roaring laugh every once in a while. http://hoytabare.typepad.com/my_weblog/2008/01/index.html
I know that his name is my name, but, no, i don't know if we are related.

Next order of business. I have never been a coupon girl. Just not my thing. I have always thought, how much can it really save me? 30 cents here, 40 cents there. Big whoop. Boy was I wrong. I have now repented of my foolishness and have put my feet on the right path, the path of savings! I know that you all think that i am crazy, but i am not. I have a friend Bonnie-she is a fabulous girl, with fabulous talents and is the author of a very funny blog. You can find her by clicking on the link "the zoo" on my friends.
She has told me how much she is saving. I said Whoo-and went on my merry way. Then I stumbled on to other blogs that raved about this whole coupon thing. So, i thought, my bonnie, she is a really smart gal, i want to be like her and save lots of money too. So, i jumped on the bandwagon. I have many coupons from the papers that i stole them out of and the websites that let you pront them for free. I am even taking a class tomorrow from the extension office. I have a strategy for the Smiths, Acres and Walgreens. I have just have to wait until i get paid on friday. When i get all my deals, i will be sure to take pics and post all my savings so you can be jealous and want to join the CCC (cool coupon club) Her are some sites that i really like. Check them out. You will not be sorry! Promise. If anybody out there in the blogging world has any other info or sites, pass them along to me.
smartsource.com
pinchingyourpennies.com
coupons.com

10 comments:

Bonnie the Boss said...

You are so cute. Thanks. We need to sit down and go over your game plan to see if I want to adopt any as part of my plan.

Bonnie the Boss said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Lori said...

Taush,
You are cracking me up. I think since both my husband and I are in the mortgage biz, it is best to use all the coupons you can at this stage...

Lori said...

Okay, I printed some - so know that you are a "coupon junkie" do these change every week?

Melissa said...

There are some stores in my area that won't take coupons printed off the internet... nice eh? I think I'll check those sites out... nothing wrong with saving money :)

elizasmom said...

OMG you just made me waste SO MUCH TIME reading that blog. He is FUNNY.

I'm not much of a coupon-er because none of the stuff I like ever has coupons. However, our local store has these frequent-shopper-type coins and gift certificates you can trade in and I have saved $40 or $50 sometimes by shopping strategically with those. SCore!

Chelsie said...

I use pinching your pennies all the time...I've become a couponer too...I'll have to check out those sites though...I'm always in need of more savings. Let me know how that class goes!

Brooke said...

Glad you've jumped on the bandwagon!

Crazycozartclan said...

Yeah coupons! I go in spurts depending on how lazy I am. I love the feeling you get when you hand someone a little piece of paper and they had me money. What could be better than that! Keep it up girlfriend!

Megan said...

So I haven't ever seen your blog until Chelsie mentioned it on hers today - anywho...I am a total coupon clipper and ad watcher - it makes me happy. I get notices in my email when new coupons are available to print for free by subscribing to couponsurfer.com and there are also great deals (I got one one diapers at Target today for $5.49 for 40 diapers) at www.savvyshopperdeals.com So can I join the CCC? :)