Monday, March 10, 2008

I have gotta quit!


ok people-it's official-i have finally decided that my little diet coke fetish that i have has got to stop! The reason, my feet are swollen. People, i have not had swollen feet since 3 days before i had my last little person. I am talkin tight, uncomfortable swollen. So, I am going to go off one of my favorite things ever. I don't think that i can go cold turkey, but we are going to start with going down to one a day! So, all of you wish me luck.
On a different subject-have any of you ever felt like a great, big fatso? I know that i can't be alone in my feelings. I have an excuse, i can't exercise because of this stupid pain, but somehow, it just doesn't really help me feel any better. All the doctors assure me that it will get better, i am starting to not believe them. So, instead of letting this pain control me, i am going to control it. Listen to me, all matter of fact and all. Anyway, i am going to kick the diet coke thing, replace it with water. Next, i will not eat after 7 pm. Small goals, i know, but, i have got to start somewhere right? Why is she blogging about this, you ask? Well, i figure if I tell other people then i will be more likely to follow through. So, lets review. Less diet coke, more water, no eating after 7 pm. With this plan i should be 20 pounds lighter by next week. :) Ok, now i am just rambling. I appreciate all of you for listening. Think good thoughts for me!
Happy Monday!

9 comments:

Chelsie said...

Ah, I had a dream last night that I was drinking a Pepsi...it tasted so good in my dream...I must say I was a little disappointed when I woke up and remembered I quit pop. Good for you though! I'm impressed and you can do it!! Ah I should stop eating after 7 too....my next goal is to only eat desserts on the weekends...I eat way too much crap! I agree..telling people helps you stick to your goals...Megan was my 'sponsor' for quitting pop...so if you like I could be yours...I'm only 2 months 'sober' though..:-)

Crazycozartclan said...

You can do it! If Michael can give up pop then so can you! I mean he is the poster child for addict! Don't worry pretty soon it will be warm and we can all take our kids outside and do fun things with them and then any extra lbs that we all have just melt away right? That's what I tell myself anyway. Hang in there.

Bonnie the Boss said...

You have my full support. I should quit with you but I just don't think that would be fair to my family. Maybe if my husband took the kids and dissapeared for a week I could do it.
Bonnie

Lori said...

Come on - it's Diet, could it really be that bad - ha! Good luck on that one. I try to tell myself that I have to drink a quart of water before I can dive into the Diet Coke. Only sometimes does it actually work! Good luck!
On another note, did you get my email?

ThE fRoNkS!... said...

You go girl!! haha- Good luck to you. You are going to need to fill your diet coke habit with something else- and lets face it-- water doesn't taste that good. So try the crystal light things- they help! Good Luck!! Luv ya.

sp.dandilicious@gmail.com said...

Tausha you are still as funny as ever. I gave up the diet coke thing after I realized I was going through a 12 pack in 3 days. I did it cold turkey and never once have I craved it. I only drink water and I love it. I have noticed lots of changes in my body and no ups and downs throughout the day. You can do it-just remember to take it day by day. I will have to tell you about my coupon deals the next time I see you, just know that it is like a new hobby that I have had to take on since I have two boys to feed. They seriously eat and eat and eat. I can't afford to feed them anymore without using coupons.

Melissa said...

Small goals are always the best. If we try to make changes all at once we get overhwelmed! And then quit... well, that's what I do... :) I know you can do it! Good luck :D

i'm h.mac said...

you crack me up. i too find my down fall is a diet coke, but i only have one maybe once a year. they give me migraines, the shakes and i feel like CRAP! but oh the love affair i would love to have........hoping. and i am trying to talk rebecca into having a girls night dinner at giving lessons in couponing, we will let you know - she is the master.....

barlows said...

You can do it! It is not fun and it's sad and when your kids are going bonkers escaping with that Diet Coke REALLY sounds wonderful. BUT, you know it's better for your health to NOT have such an addiction (assuming your love affair was on the level of mine.) I'm not foolish to commit to forever quitting, but I am trying to take better note on what the good points are, like more water drinking, etc. Anyway, good luck!