Wednesday, March 26, 2008

My Bonnie

No-this post is not about the song. but about my neighbor, my friend, my listener, my motivation, my example and fellow mother who also yells at her kids.
This post is dedicated to my friend Bonnie. Her blog is "The Zoo" just over to your right. Anyway-I moved into this house last June. I had been there 2 days-I met this great spunky lady at church who was super friendly and i loved her jewelry! I talked to Kal about how I met a new friend who liked mm's and diet coke as much as I did. I told him that is why we moved here. He rolled his eyes.
The next day I was trying to unpack and get things put away, when Bonnie came over and offered to take my kids so I could get some stuff done. Now, let me remind you, i am new, she doesn't know me, and yet she offers to take my kids, ALL DAY! I was so thankful. I got a lot of work done that day. That was the begining of a great friendship. Her kids and mine, love to play and we can see each other from our porches. She can call me for anything and i can call her for anything. She brings me treats-just enough to get a taste, not share and not feel to guilty about eating the whole plate. She listens, she worries, she cares. She is one of my Bestest Friends. I love her, I love her kids and i don't ever want her to move. She is one of those kindred friends. You know the kind. Remember Anne of Green Gables? Anne and Diana were Kindred Spirits-thats how Bonnie and I are-Kindred Spirits.
I hope that I am as good as a friend to her as she is to me. Take that back-i must work harder, she does far more for me than i do for her.
So, in a nutshell-she is the best! You should all be jealous that I have a friend like her. If you are lucky enough to have a friend like her-you should call her, right now, and tell her how much you love her.
So, now that i look back-we were supposed to move here for lots of things, but the most important reason, so I could have My Bonnie-my kindred spirit who loves mm's and diet coke as much as I do! Luv Ya Bonn!

9 comments:

Bonnie the Boss said...

Okay, I am blushung and crying all at the same time. You do way more for me and I do feel we are kindred spirits. No your kids weren't here the day I made the sandwiches that gave me carpal tunnel. Big D found the paint in the cupboard. It has been in that cupboard for over a year and hasn't moved from that spot. Why today you ask? Who knows. Look how guilty he looks in the picture. I wasn't yelling as much as swearing. Ken was telling me to quit swearing. I told him that when I grew up, and was as perfect as him I might quit by then.

Unknown said...

She sounds amazing :) I LOVE Anne of Green Gables. Craig always makes fun of me. So yeah, have fun in Vegas! I am jealous, I want to go somewhere. All my info for pictures in on my website www.khowephotography.com Give me call, it would be so fun to meet you. I live in the Fort Bingham homes. So yeah...we are way close!

Melissa said...

That's so cool that you guys are neighbors! I love Bonnie's Blog :) Glad to get to know her a little more through you!!

Lori said...

Lucky you! I've lived in my house almost 2 years and know no one. I guess people in Vegas just aren't as friendly!

elizasmom said...

Awww. That is really cool. I loved the Anne of Gren Gables books, and Anne and Diana as kindred spirits. You're a lucky woman!

Also: Tagged you for a meme!

mrs. jar said...

Tausha, it has been a while. I think maybe even since I left me e-brake off and and my car rolled down your street. I found your blog through Kelley's. Your girls are so big and sooo cute. -Sarah Jarman

sariqd said...

Lovely post! I too, am a A of G fan... and there are few kindred spirits out there. I'm jealous (in a happy way) that you've found one. It gives me hope that I'll find one too. :)

-sariqd

Em Russ said...

Taush, I have a totally random question for you. Do you know how to get in touch with Chris and Tiffany. Rindi and I were just talking about how we haven't talked to them in ages and wanted to catch up. I thought maybe you might know where they are. Let me know if you do! You can comment on my blog or email me at Emilyruss at gmail dot com.

Mandi said...

Hey Tausha! I hope you get this comment because it looks like you haven't blogged for a month! I can't imagine why!! I know how demanding kids are and how crazy life can be. It has been what.....11 years now since we've talked??? Crazy how time flies. I found you through a comment you made on Christina's blog. Well I just wanted to say hi. No, I haven't joined the blog world yet! My email address is mandisteps at gmail dot com. You have a beautiful family!