Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Life LiStS!

So, I was wondering, am I the only woman/mom on the planet who has lists.

Really, a list for everything.

I even have a list for when I get in the shower.

Who does this?

It is totally unconscious.

I have to think what day it is, if it's a hair wash day, shave day or just quick shower day.

I don't normally remember it's just damp hair day until I step under the water and say aaahhhh!

Damn!

Now I have to spend an extra 15 mins on my hair.
So I stand there in the water, thinking of all the shower things I have to do.

Now, I am not doing this in silence like my husband.

No, I am doing this amidst the sounds of children screaming at me
and then screaming at each other. Lovely!

Ok-first I have to wash my hair-since I got it wet

Scrub with very lovely, expensive shampoo.

The children have been warned, touch this shampoo, even look at this shampoo,
and their Hannah Montana shower gel is gone!!!

Rinse.

Now I will condition. While I am conditioning, I am washing my face. (the most important step of the day)

Then I rinse my hair.

Then I scrub my body with the "Tahitian sunrise body wash"

It claims that you will feel just like you are on a tropical oasis.

Yea Right.

Rinse off quickly !

I have now been in the shower for 4 mins and my kids are going to die

RIGHT NOW if I don't get out.

Little do they know they are much safer while I am in the shower, then when I am out.

After the shower I start in on the drying off and dressed list.

Then onto the get pretty list. There are two of these.

Just enough to answer the door, or I have got a date and I want to look hot!
Most of the time, it's just enough to answer to door so I don't scare the ups man.

Then it's next list, the kitchen, family room, vacuum the stairs, do laundry, BATHROOMS list!
So-I get everything done. I want to die!
I still have one more thing on my list. The only thing on my list that I even wanted to do.
Decorate bathroom list.
So-what's a girl to do. You can't go to bed with an item on the list as important as decorating.
If it would have been the bathrooms, I so would have been asleep.
So-I made my hubby help me. He complained the whole time. I was prepared for this, so it didn't really affect me. I got it all done at 11:00.
This was pretty good time. I was happy with the time spent and the results.
Now, I had to go to the bed time list.
I wish sometimes I could be a man.
He doesn't have a list.

He just does what he does, helps the kids get in the shower, yells at them to go to bed and then searches online for stupid stuff.

Then, he goes into his room-takes off his pj's and gets into bed.
I am still doing my bedtime list. It is about the time that I moisturizing my face, that I step out of the bathroom,
still thinking, it would sure be nice to be a man and not care.

Then, he farts!

He laughs, rolls over and goes to sleep.

I go back in the bathroom to wash my hands and put on my yummy lotion.

Never Mind!
the saying on the bathroom mirror.



20 comments:

Bridget said...

I'm a natural list maker but I bow down to your great list making talent. A list for taking a shower- that's a talent right there, or O.C.D- just kidding ;o).

Your bathroom looks so cute!

Leeann said...

I have lists all over my house. They are color coded and laminated. The color paper that they are typed on was chosen specifically to match the colors in that room.
Yeah, you and I...we know how to get things done.
LOL

Tausha said...

I forgot to say-I cut the ladder and hung the side of it with the most rungs. Then i used fishing line to hang everything else on. Just thought i would tell you- that i was decoraing with junk! A true passion of mine!!

Andy said...

Thanks for stopping by. I'm back in town and can't wait to spend some time checking out your blog.

Chelsie said...

Looks good! Our shower lists are similar....but I wash the body also before I rinse the conditioner...let it sit for a little while longer...and if I do it out of order...I just don't feel as clean...:-) You guys going to the pool this weekend?!

Alison Wonderland said...

I have a list when I get up but Sean spends a lot longer getting ready for bed than I do.

Anonymous said...

Ha! I totally feel you. Dad can shower in peace, poop in peace, and do whatever he wants, but mom? Nope. I love your shower list. My daughter is either sticking her hand in the shower curtain to touch the water or she's digging in my makeup while I'm indisposed (and can't smack her). Taking a shower when she's awake is like playing Russian Roulette!

Thank you so much for your sweet comments on my blog! I'm adding you to my list of fav blogs! :)

Tinabean said...

I HAVE to have list's if I don't I forget to do things.
Your bathroom is so cute!
When my life settles down a little & I have a little mad money I'm having you come to check out my house to see what you can create.

Megan said...

I would say the shower thingy is more of a routine than list cause you don't have to write it down ;) I am with Chelsie, I also wash my body before I rinse the conditioner out. Same things every day, along with how I do my make up, hair, etc... and only 15 minutes to do your hair?! What are you complaining about. I will give you my long wavy, frizzy hair to straighten and you will never complain again! :)

Lists are great though, I have to make one each night before I got to bed about what I need to do the next day or I can't fall asleep because I am thinking of all the things I need to do, and in their order so that I will have time to do everything. You are right, what would it be like to be a man and have no lists?

KatBouska said...

You take list making to a whole nother scary level...I'm just glad to hear I'm not the only one who has different purposes for being in the shower. Is it a shaving only day? Hair wash day? I love it! And it's so true, by the time I remember it's NOT a hairwash day, my hair is already wet.

Kristen said...

I'm also a list-maker-extraordinaire! I CANNOT live with out one.

I have an old ladder too in my house-above my cabinets! It's one of my favorite things.

Being Honest said...

Thanks for visiting my blog, it led me to yours!
Always fun to make a new bloggie friend!
I make lists too. I make lists for my lists. Maybe it's a mom thing.

Love,
Christie (prettypaperblog)

Nicole said...

I'm impressed you get to shower by yourself. Half the time I get in before I know it my husbands handing me the baby. Not much of a list maker, except when it comes to grocery shopping. Oh, and when I'm pregnant and going through the whole nesting thing, there are lots of honey do lists for my husband to get done before the baby arrives. Thanks for your comment, I'm always excited to get comments from you, your such a crack up. After seeing some of the fun stuff from your swap, I'm bumbed I didn't do it, maybe next time. Hey could you e-mail me your e-mail address so I can keep you posted on all the swap details? Thanks!!!
cardswappinmom@yahoo.com

Bonnie the Boss said...

I wish tah too at times. BTW the hannah Montana gel as a threat, Genius !!!!

Bonnie the Boss said...

Oh, I forgot to tell you I love the ladder. So cute!!!! Sorry about the spelling errors in the above post.

Heidi Reed said...

Cute, cute again! I am a compulsive list maker. I carry most in my mind too. I even check my blogs in alphabetical order. I'm extremely organized... most of the time. It's an illness really.

Heidi

Crazycozartclan said...

I love the lists! I even have standing lists for differnt days of the week. I have the whole shower thing too. We probalby learned it from each other when we were roomates! Awww... good times.

P.S. I'm back to blogging for the day anyway. Did you miss me?

Anonymous said...

k, you don't know me, but I am Annie's sister. I read your blog quite regularly, and I'm addicted! You are so funny, and real. I love all the things you have to say about life and mothering. Thanks for the great blog!
Amie

Debra said...

Love the new bathroom!!! I NEED A CRICUT! It is the next thing on my list!

I am a LIST maker. Oh yeah. I have them EVERYWHERE, even for my kids!

Rae said...

We are so much alike! I can't believe it. I have a list for the shower too! My life is completely scheduled. And btw, tomorrow is hair washing day for me! :)