Saturday, June 14, 2008

Random Acts of Romance

OK-I want to know when the definition of Romance changed?

When I was younger I thought that romance was all lovey dovey, kisses and hugs and perfume. I know that last one sounds kind of strange, but remember those Baby Soft commercials?

They were all about smelling good for "that" guy, and then at the end they would kiss.

I was young, what can I say?


I grew up, Jr high and high school were really nothing too exciting for me. My husband tells me that I intimidated all the boys. Do u think that was a nice was of saying that I was bossy.


Then college arrived and my whole idea of romance changed again. I met my husband and we were head over heals for each other. He would shower me with long stemmed roes that smelled like peaches and I would wash his clothes and cook for him. We couldn't get enough of each other, we would write each other love notes and kiss. Go to movies and kiss. We would hand out and kiss. We even went ice fishing and then we kissed. You get the idea. I am sure that all of you did the same thing. Don't roll your eyes at me!!


Then I got married, had some children and carry on with my life. You know how life gets, school, work, all the extra curricular activities that goes along with family! And then of course there is dinner. I hate dinner time. Mostly because I have to think of something that everyone in my little, picky family will eat. So I cook it and then I have to clean it up.


Not to mention the laundry, the bathrooms and every other room in the house.


You know exactly what I am saying.


I am overworked, underpaid and tired.


Then the romance of married life kicks in.


No, it's not what you think or maybe it is.


Maybe your hubby is romantic like this.


"Honey, can I do the dishes for you. I'll switch the laundry too. The girls will clean their room, and I will make sure that they don't fight.


Why don't you go and lay down and read that book that you got. I will take care of everything else.


REALLY?



I am thinking I can hardly wait until the kids go to bed.


Could my husband be anymore romantic?


So, I was just wondering, when along the way did the whole romance idea change?


Now, don't get me wrong-I appreciate flowers and my hubby brings me treats all the time. I do put on perfume and smelly lotion for him.


Let me tell you, when my hubby offers to do the dishes AND vacuum, well........


So am alone in thinking this? If I am, I don't care, I still think that vacuuming is HOT!

18 comments:

Nicole said...

Oh yes, vacuming is hot, so it doing dishes, bathing kids, folding laundry, and especially changing dirty diapers. The definition of romance has definitely changed since the newlywed days!
Could you e-mail me your e-mail address so I could keep you posted on the card swap. Thanks!!!
cardswappinmom@yahoo.com

Tinabean said...

I am totally agreeing with you Sista!!!
But my ? is.....If we think that vacuming is hot & sexy do they? Is that why we always get to do these jobs?

Megan said...

It's true and he knows it...why then does he still never do housework?! Oh well.

Anonymous said...

He he he he! Sooooo true Taush---You hit the nail on the head! Funny how when he mops the floor and changes Charlee's Diaper I have "hanky panky" on my mind...lol
dumb but true!

=)
cute post!

Insane Mama said...

Laundry is hot... HOT... HOT!
and somebody needs to do it, because I can't, won't allergic, really, I am

frillsfluffandtrucks said...

I love it when he does that stuff without being asked--now that is wonderful!

~ Sarah

Debra said...

Oh I am the SAME way. I'd rather have the house clean than flowers and chocolate ANYDAY! Seriously. LOVE housework being done. In the 5 Love languages book, my love language is "Acts of Kindness".

Shannon said...

Hi! Cute blog! Let me tell you that nothing on our bed is not washable. I wash/bleach everything pretty regularly. So tell you husband it is do-able!! :) Loved that wall of clocks and the bathroom redo. So cute!

The Huffies said...

If Ben ever does the dishes or vacuums it is like Christmas day for me and yes, it is hot! Love the clock redo...we need to get together and play with your cricut!

Melissa said...

Nope - you're not alone!! I love it when Hubby helps out with things around the house. Yesterday he told me to go out shopping WITHOUT kids for a few hours. When I got home, he had not only done the dishes, but he had done 4 loads of laundry - INCLUDING folding and putting them away!! I love that man!! :)

Alison Wonderland said...

Vacuuming- hot. Dishes- hot. Laundry- hot. But I will do dirty, dirty things to a man who mops my kitchen floor.

Rochelle said...

I love your random thoughts! You have a great mind!!!

Tandi said...

Way cute blog. Your the best. made me laught lots.
Tandi

Chelsie said...

I agree....somewhere him saying he'd bathe coop became romantic to me...

Bonnie the Boss said...

Vacuming is hot. So what I am telling you is my sweet hbby has been on fire for about the last month!!! Poor guy!

Bonnie the Boss said...

BTW Taush, You have an award to pick up over on my blog. Thanks for all you do!

Jessica G. said...

I've read somewhere that no man was ever shot by his wife while doing the dishes!

And I agree, romance does change to fit the stage of life you are in.

Leeann said...

AMEN! I LOVE when my husband pitches in.
Laundry.
Vacuuming.
Bathing squirmy little kids and putting them to bed, so that I have time to blog...
HEAVEN!