Sunday, June 1, 2008

How does your garden grow?


So-yesterday was one of those

"I feel like crap and my kids are gone so I am going to sleep till 2 days."

Really, that is what I did. I slept till 2p.m.

2 in the afternoon-I have never done that before.

Well, not unless I had surgery the day before.

My wonderful Mother-in-law took my kids.

I have had a bad week with this whole pain thing. So-my in-laws took my beautiful, loud, ask lots of questions, MOMMMM she hit me, kids.

So-I slept.

It was wondrful!

I feel pretty good today.

Better than I have felt in a while.

So-I think that it is safe to say-the bad spell is over and Mom is back!


I needed a pick me up. So, what's a girl to do?

My house is already clean, my kids aren't here to mess it up.

My hubby was mowing the lawn and adding bark to the appropriate places.

He was beautifying our yard, so I thought that I would help.

So, I redid my porch.

I know, I am freak. Why would I re-do something that is already done.

If you are asking this question, you don't know me.

So,let me introduce myself:

Hi, I'm Tausha, I love to change, redo, do over anything and everything, espescially if there is nothing wrong with it. This includes furniture, flowers in pots, pictures on the wall, etc..

So I chose to "Fix" my porch.

It was ok-I had a old ladder by my front door and on the steps, there were pots, hanging flowers and frogs. It was cute. The ladder was a little wobbly, so if a child that wasn't mine, happened to walk by and touch it, just becasue they had not been threatned to not touch it, a pot would fall over, spill dirt all over and I would have to fix it.

So, I changed, I tried the red chair, didn't like it.

I tried withought the chair, didn't like it.

I needed something tall-so I searched the shed. I found a tall flower pick that needed some TLC.

So-I took it in, I re-painted it, sanded it, stuck it in a bucket and

Voila

This is what I got.

What do you think?

Does anyone else decorate their porch?

I love too, for every season. I think it's sets a tone for the rest of my house.

I look at like Lipstick for your house.

The finishing touch.

What do you think?

Sorry-the pics were taken at night-so they are not as bright as they should be, but you get the picture. Right?

26 comments:

Megan said...

Cute. I don't have a porch to decorate....one day.....sigh.

Rachel Berry said...

I think it turned out great, my fav's are your red rocker and your red cans. I'm a sucker for red these days. Makes me want to redo my whole house. I do have a porch and your making want to decorate it. It's been a while lets just keep it at that.

:)rachel

Heidi Reed said...

So dang cute!

Heidi

Alison Wonderland said...

So cute. And you're so not me. Done is done for the next ten years, even if the kids dismantle it within the next ten minutes.

Bonnie the Boss said...

So adorable. I am glad you are feeling better. I do not decorate my porc. Only because ther really isn't much porch there to decorate.I am like Megan and dream of the day I have a great wraparound porch and the money to decorate it.

Joy said...

Love the updated changes on your porch! Looks like summer time. I'm glad you're beginning to feel human again!

Tinabean said...

So cute!!!
I think that the next time you feel the need to change, fix, move etc. you should head on over to my house.
drop me a line I'll give you my address (Hint, Bonnie's Dad is my Bishop).
Really though I love that kind of stuff but I'm no good at it.

Kristi said...

I see nothing wrong with redoing. I have to do it too. I'm glad you are starting to feel better. Us moms need our rest. I love the porch. I don't do much with the porch besides plant flowers in a container. People can't see them unless they come up on the porch since either side of the walkway is covered by tall bushes.

Hey, just thought I'd let you know I put the handbag in my shop. I've also made some luggage tags and put one in the shop. I can't wait to take a look at your mother-in-law's etsy shop!

Kristi said...

Hey there Tausha, got your etsy convo. Did you want to buy through etsy? You can use paypal or mail a check or cashier's check. I put RESERVED in the title to hold it. If you need time to pay for it, that's ok too. Just let me know. As for the wristlet key chsin things, I don't make them but have one that I bought from this store:
http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=5003214§ion_id=5050994

I love it and it has lasted a while. I have a blog friend who I think posted a tutorial on how to make those, so I'll look into it and see if I can find the parts and figure out how to do it, but no promises!

Kristi said...

Hey there again, I just found a tutorial for the key ring wristlet. I need to see if I can find a D ring at a fabric or hobby store and I'll give it a try. Which fabric did you want? This would not look like those from the shop I showed you, but like this:

http://creativelittledaisy.typepad.com/creative_little_daisy/2006/02/super_easy_keyc.html

I don't know if these links are coming through, let me know!

Anonymous said...

cute porch!!! I love to decorate and RE-decorate too--- =)

Lets send out on thursday...that Ok? as far as treats...I loooove treats. I love gummies, I love laffy taffies and chocolate( its been hard to stay away from it while i nurse) i love yummy popcorn too...

so what are YOUR favorite treats???

Julie@My5monkeys said...

very cute what you did to the front porch area.

Crazycozartclan said...

I love it! I just painted my cute little wicker porch chairs red (again) today. They were this color already from last year but I liked it so much I just touched up!Congrats on a cute porch!

Nicole said...

The porch is darling. I'm glad your feeling better. I love the red chair. I decorate my porch too, I really love to decorate it for halloween. I'm jealous your getting a bag from Kristi. You better show it off to all of us on your blog. So the Flag you commented about a while ago, well here are the half hazard directions. First off, I bought the wood in Salt Lake at a little store called Wood Connections. It's a way cute store, you would love it. Each flag was four dollars. I spray painted them all at home off white just to make the process go faster. I used the blue scotch painting tape to mask off the blue part of the flag. Then we put little star stickers on that I found at Ben Franklins. We then sponged on some blue paint. It took a couple layers, so we used a blow dryer to speed the process up. Once the blue was dry we took off the tape and the star stickers. Then we just put tape where we wanted the white stripes to be and covered the blue with tape and sponged the rest red. I don't know if any of this makes any sense, if you have any questions let me know.

Rae said...

I sadly no longer have a front porch. In our last house we had a fabulous porch. I loved sitting out there in the early mornings and during thunderstorms! Now I have a stoop. During the spring/summer I concentrate on fun, cute things for my front door. Fall/winter...look out! I go CrAzY!! And every year is different.

Love your new look!

Debra said...

Cute!!!!!

I am in the middle of tearing out every bush in the front landscaping of my home. After I plant all new things, I will be doing something cute to my porch. I LOVE your idea!!

Tiffany said...

That front porch is so cute and inviting! We lived in St. George, UT for two years... if you are anywhere a near a Cafe Rio, please go eat a pork salad for me...
I.Miss.It.So.Much

Jessica G. said...

Wish I had your eye for this sort of thing! Looks cute!

Staci said...

tooooo cute!!!

Staci said...

my fingers are a lil finger happy, they pressed enter before i was ready, thanks for reading my blog i love yours....i will be back for sure!!!

scargosun said...

Hi! Thanks for visiting my blog! I am going to read up on yours to. I can totally relate with this post. 1. I LOVE to sleep. :) 2. I love to decorate and re-do stuff but sometimes I pite off more than I can chew. I may have to co me to you for advice if you don't mind.

Connie said...

Just stopping in to say 'Hi' and thanks for visiting! Love the porch! I am starting a new gardening project soon ~ I'd love to have your input if you are up for some fun. Visit soon!

Lori said...

Cute porch. Maybe you should come a day early to visit so you can redo mine when you come!

The Nester said...

I totally relate to the entire process that you went through!

I just now have a big porch and cannot wait to decorate it!

Rochelle said...

Okay I love the porch! LOVE IT!

Rochelle said...

I can't wait for a day I can sleep till two. I am green with envy!