Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Preface-this blog contains lots of grammatical errors. If you hate that-I will apologize now-but read it anyway!

OK I have decided that I am the most green person on the earth!

Why do you ask?
No-I don't use special solar panels on the roof to heat my house and cook my food!
I do something better!
Better you ask?

How can it possible be any better than that!
I am a recycler of other peoples things!
Yes, it's true!
I am that fabulous!
How do you do that you ask?
Well-if I must reveal my secrets.
I will-only for you, because you are the best blogging friends a girl can have!
I really mean it!
All of you-you sure know how to make a girl feel special!
OK-you really want to know?
Are you sitting down?
I buy other peoples crap.
I bring it home.
I spray paint it and give it a little love.

Then, I get this....

This was a dresser that I picked up for $10 at Goodwill. I do have 3 girls, therefore, I have 3 girls worth of clothes! So-we needed another dresser! Ugly huh? The box on top-a jewelry box I picked up for $2.oo. Don't worry, I have pics of that too!

So-a little bit of white spray paint, modge podge and cute paper and voila! I used a little ribbon too. I loved how it turned it out! What do you think? It was a lot faster than I thought it would be. I have never done modge podge on a large piece before. Way way easier than a little thing. So, now I have a new junk thing that I love.

OK-here is the jewelry box, a rack with pegs ($1.00)and a table. The table was actually a bar stool with the legs painted bright yellow!!

I was thrilled with how all of this turned out also!

The best part? I did this all in one day! It didn't even take me all day.

I even cleaned my whole house, made dinner and did 3 loads of laundry! I am so not bragging. I just figure that this day makes up for all the lazy, crappy, "I don't feel good days!"

OK-I have one more thing to show you! A festive, fourthy kind of thing. I made it out of tins. You know the kind that cookies and popcorn come in. Got these at goodwill also! Spent a total of $7 bucks on all of them! YEA!! I loved how they turned out! I am going to put them above my kitchen counters. The bucket is for my kitchen table. I am going to use it to hide a vase so I can show off my roses that I cut down last year to the ground. They came up huge and beautiful. Who knew that if you cut the crap out of roses-they do better! Huh?



I know that this is really long post. I had a lot to say and show. What can I say. I love it when other people post stuff like this. It gives my creativity a kick in the butt. So, I hope I do the same! Have a happy night!!! Go craft something! Don't forget the diet coke and chocolate. It helps, look what I did with it!! OK-enough talking I promise!!

23 comments:

Keys to the Magic Travel said...

Ack! I have no creativity. No vision. I admire all you crafty girls...while you just laugh at me spending the big bucks...

Jana Nielson said...

Yeah!! You do the coolest things, you green-girl!!
I love that you used Diet Coke cans to prop up the pegs!! I only drink Diet Coke...I don't think I've had a glass of water in years!! (is that bad?)

Rachel Berry said...

Yeah for other peoples crap!!! I LOVE IT!! The dresser and jewelry box turned out so cute!
I am loving all that paper. I can't believe you got all that done in one day. You deserve some Hershey Bliss chocolate. I'll bring you some in the fall as thats the next time I'll be up your way.

Oh and I believe in the power of Mod Podge & with it all that is Holy & Good! AMEN!

:)Rachel

Lori said...

Good job Taush! My question is, when you walk into the DI and see these cool things, do you know right then what you are going to do with it or do you just buy and figure it out later? Very impressive. And yes, I can't believe you missed me on Price is Right!

Rae said...

You definitely are green! I am so impressed and inspired!!!

Crazycozartclan said...

Don't you love new stuff ( I mean old stuff turned new!) Good Job girl.... I thought it was funny how you had 2 diet coke cans propping up you new work of art. Funny!

Bonnie the Boss said...

I laughed at the two cans of DC holding up the peg rack. You did get a lot done. You have bragging rights!! So cute!!!

Chelsie said...

Looks like you had a busy day! Sheesh! I like the black and white paper! About the sugars....I think I have a deeper love for sugar than my favorite in laws....especially my husband and your father....so you're preachin to the choir on that one! I'll see you tomorrow! Love ya

Anonymous said...

oh my gosh i so want to be you! you have great talent!!! way to go, those things look FAB!

frillsfluffandtrucks said...

Great job, especially on the dresser. You know what might be super cute on it? Changing out the knobs to little "crystal" type knobs--I think they sell them at Target in the hardware section.

~ Sarah

Tinabean said...

OK I so REALLY REALLY need your help!
I've been thinking about your proposition and I'm totally in.
I'm thinking I need you to come take a look at my little house.

tOyn fAmiLy said...

tash that is so super cute! You are so good with things like that. keep your eyes out for a killer dresser for me!

Nicole said...

I love everything you did, it all looks so cute. My favorite is the Jewelry box. Glad you had a diet coke to get you through all that :) I gave you an award, come over to my blog to get it!

Jessica G. said...

Wow, now THAT is talent! I look at other people's crap and I see....crap! Really love that jewelry box. Very cute!

Brooke said...

that all turned out so cute! you really are so talented with all that kind of stuff!

Laurie - Decorating Fanatic said...

Oh I love what you did with the dresser! And that little box is calling my name! You have vision, girl! I too, like to make over little sad pieces that are begging me to make them pretty again. Hard just finding the time - yet you do with 3 kids too. Give me some pointers on how you manage that! :)
Love your blog. Will be back soon! ~ Laurie

Janiel said...

CUTE!!!!

Shannon said...

WOW!! You are so creative!! Everything looks great! Unfortanately Oops does not have any online shopping. :) Love that chest of drawers!

Shirlee said...

Too stinking cute! What a blitz of a day you had, creativity, laundry, cooking....after seeing the diet coke cans I thought maybe that had something to do with it. I've just discovered diet Pepsi Max myself. It helps get my butt in gear and stay in gear.
Have a great weekend! :)

EmNichole said...

Awesome tranformations! And the finnials were from K-mart they come in natural wood and two in a pack and were by the other curtian items. I spray painted them black.

Aunt Julie said...

Hi! I'm new to the Blogosphere, and I found your site thru another link. Interesting stuff here! I'm running a giveaway, and I'd love it if you'd stop by. http://poprs.blogspot.com/2008/06/giveaway-tuesday.html Drop in any time! :)

Kristi said...

Love it all but my favorite is the stool!

Erin said...

I Love your projects. I wish I was that crafty. This is Erin, Your Blog swap partner. Just wondering if you recieved your package. Let me know thanks Erin