Thursday, May 8, 2008

I took a chill pill!



Ok people, the witch has left, and I have returned to my body.

Your comments all helped me realize that I am not alone! Thanks! It is so nice to know that I am not alone in this whole witchy, going to lose my mind, worst parent in the world thing! I am so glad that I am not the only one who turns into the Wicked Witch of the West when Daddy hits the road!!


My hubby will be back tomorrow afternoon. All is well now, it's just that first day stuff! I have now got all the laundry caught up, cleaned, folded and put away. (yes-I am that awesome!) No, not really that awesome, sometimes I just like to flatter myself. It is only once in a blue moon that I get to say this. Laundry sucks-it's one of those things that you never get to cross off the list! Probably is never off any one's list.


Ok-so I have this thing that I do when my hubby is gone.

It is just a really strange, totally out of the blue thing that I only do once in a great while!

I know that this is going to sound totally bizarre, but I ask you to not to judge me, but to love me and accept me!


When my hubby leaves I EAT! Ok, it is out in the open, judge me if you must, I am tough, I can accept any criticism that you throw my way.

I tend to go to the store and buy foods that I don't normally eat. Examples, Oreo cookies(tried the new kind-strawberry milkshake, love the mint, so thought, what the heck-not good-don't try:( ) Ben and Jerry's ice cream-I NEVER buy this when he is home, lemon pies-those kind from Hostess.

I know, I am a freak, I have accepted it. It was really bad when he traveled A LOT! Now he only leaves once every 3 or 4 months. I only" lonely eat" now every once in a while. I only eat at night too. I guess it is because no one is around. I really should change it and eat better foods. I don't know, fruit, veggies, protein, whole wheat bread.

Hmmm-I have thought it through and have decided that I would be an idiot if I changed.

It's kind of like going shopping when your man goes hunting or fishing or watches football on TV. We just can't give it up. It is a part of us!


So, I have announced it, I have pretty much said it out loud. As loud as one can say it online anyway. If any of you have this problem, feel free to announce it out loud and know that you are not alone. We are all in this together! I am here to support you and understand you. I also have accepted the fact that I am a shopaholic. This fact I have also accepted.


So friends, My name is Tausha and I love to eat snack foods when my hubby is out of town and absolutely love to shop!


6 comments:

Jillybean said...

If you snack at night, you don't need to share with the kids;0)

My DH went out of town a few weeks ago, and that lady you described made an appearance at our house also.
I ate a small tub of cookie dough.

Chocolate calms the savage beast.

Bonnie the Boss said...

You are so cute. I am laughing! great post. Just eat and enjoy!

Chelsie said...

Crap...I eat like that when Brandon is home.....lets hope he doesn't ever leave then....who knows what will happen!

Rachel Berry said...

Oh good crap if you only eat like that when he's gone, what the H is my excuse! I am a night time eater when my hubby is sleeping. I sooooo need to quit. Do they make a patch for this?

:)Rachel

Megan said...

Laundry is on my to do list today - 2 loads down, 1 to go. I usually get it crossed off, but that is because I only have 1 little one ;) We'll see what happends after 2 more. Dusting never gets crossed off my list - I hate it! Ross never leaves - it's me who is gone and it's usually to my mom's house where treats are plenty - but no one judges there :) I do try and sneak stuff in when I know Ross is in the other room cause I don't want him giving me weird looks when I am eating coco puffs with peanut butter. You heard me and I ate some last night!

Heidi Reed said...

Hi Tausha. My name is Heidi and I love to eat - period. But I am with you about that lonely eating thing. The last time my sweet husband went out of town HE even bought me the junk the day before he left. Chicken taquitos, pizza rolls, and dark chocolate. Yep! I am also a shopAholic and got my fix a few days ago. Even though I only bought for the kids it was shopping so it doesn't matter.

Heidi