Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Ok-My hubby is here:

On a business trip. No, he didn't have to specifically go to the Mall of America-it just happens to be close by to the event he has to attend. If he did have to come here for his job-he would have had to bring me-his GORGEOUS, SHOPAHOLIC Wife with him. If airfare wouldn't have been $700 bucks a ticket-I would be with him.

The reason why I am even talking about this is because he just called. This is what he said,

"I'm Bored!"

"WHAT! how in the heck can you bored at the Mall of America?"

"There is nothing for me to do."

"Are you kidding me?"

There is nothing that I really want to buy-or look at."

"Really-your wife is home-alone with 3 kids who all think that they need to be entertained every minute, not to mention eat all time, and you don't have anything to buy?"

"NO"

I then proceeded to tell him all the things that he could legitimately buy without my help and then that he couldn't screw up on. Silver earrings, pj bottoms(i love these) cute shoes(yes, he does do a great job at this) a clock (always a safe bet with me-i collect.. Not that they help with the whole on time thing). So, I basically gave many ideas for him. After all, i was only thinking of him, he was bored. I felt it was my duty as a wife to provide him with some entertainment while he was away. Yes, I am that nice!

"OK-i guess I can look"

"good answer-i would hate for you to have to sleep on the couch when you get home."

15 comments:

Nicole said...

Hey, thanks for visiting. Nothing new on the card swap, I'm starting to wish I wouldn't have made the deadline so far away. Hopefully we'll get some fun cards out of it anyway. Where did you get your cool I belong button with the temple?

Shirlee said...

Hi! Your DH can buy you shoes? and does a good job? Boy, wish my husband was capable in that department because I hate shopping for myself.
Hope he brings you back something great!
Thanks for dropping by my blog :)

Melissa said...

I always love it when my hubby goes on business trips... he calls every night and I say, "So, where did you eat today?" He lists off the amazing places with the awesome food while the mac and cheese churns in my stomach... fun times...

sariqd said...

I'm chuckling - thanks for that! lol! My hubby too can pick out the cutest shoes. Sure saves me time!

Crazycozartclan said...

I am laughing too but not for the same reasons. When you said that you started to tell him what to buy... I was totally thinking of what he could buy for himself. Then you listed earings and I thought. I didn't know he wore earings. Hehehe good times! Hope he had fun!

Heidi Reed said...

It's the Mall of my dreams too. I am drooling on my keyboard.

You are so funny. I love your humor, girl.

Heidi

Bonnie the Boss said...

My heart is bleeding peanut butter for your hubby. It must be hard to be him. JK.

Andy said...

Thanks for stopping by! Wish I was at the Mall of America! Hope he brings back something fab. How did you find me?

Megan said...

I am glad you passed that info along....for his sake ;)

Rae said...

So glad you popped by! Your blog is so cute and you're right, I think we have much in common. Shopping being one of them. :) I would love to go to the Mall of America one day. Of course I would need a week to see and do everything there! Let us know what your hubby brings home to you!

Kristi said...

HI T,

I live near 2 outlet Malls, Gurnee Mills and one in Pleasant Prairie, WI. It can be dangerous. Sometimes I have to pretend they don't exist!!

Thanks for visiting my blog and liking my bag. I was seriously flattered. I made it to sell in my etsy shop. I'm hoping to make a few extra bucks to help out around here while my hubby is unemployed. I should be listing it in my shop soon. I was going to make a little bag to go with it but maybe I'll just list the big one and list a little one later (if I ever get around to it). Come see me again, I just posted a yummy recipe. :0)

Kristi

Kristi said...

P.S. Do you want me to let you know before I list the bag? Or do you want me to reserve it for you?

Nicole said...

Thanks for the info of the temple button. I just added to my blog.

Lori said...

Hey, don't they have a good scrapbook store there? He can pick something up for me!

Jessica G. said...

Oh I love it!! Perfect response.
Whenever the Man goes on business trips, I remind him that small gifts are always welcome when he returns. He usually finds some little free thing for the kids (stuffed logo or toy something) but for me...it gets it a little dicey. Thank goodness for the conventions that are in San Francisco and therefore, close to the Ghiradelli Chocolate Factory. Otherwise, we might not have as many children.