Thursday, May 1, 2008

Sometomes you gotta get away!

So-my Hubby and i ran away last night. it was so wonderful. No one called and bugged us and if my kids were fighting or complaining-we didn't hear them. Also-all the messes were picked up when we got home. It was the best little getaway ever.

We escaped to the Anniversary Inn. It was great. I told my Hubby that we needed to go away for like 3 days instead of just 1 night. It wad great-but three would be better. So-my dear mother-in-law, I know that you are reading this-get excited, we will be calling you!

I know that this sounds cheesy-but it was great to be reminded of why we fell in love in the first place. Hubby and I met in college and so our "courting time' was a little different than regular people. We were together all the time 24/7. I forgot how much fun that was. I am sure that there are many of you who agree that you love your husbands-but sometimes life gets in the way and we forget how much. I know, I am being cheesy-but...cut me slack, I just had a romantic evening away from home.

so-if any of you get a chance, go away, even if it is only for one night. You will be happy that you did and then you can all tell me later, how grateful and indebted to me. Your welcome!

7 comments:

Megan said...

Amen! There are some people (who we both know - wink, wink) who have yet to leave their children. Once they do it, they will wonder why it never happened sooner. Kidding Chelsie. But seriously, I love Anna, but I love it when she isn't here too ;) I am glad you got a night away!

Lori said...

Congrats on your big night out! Joaquin and I try to have date night at least once a week - nothing overnight lately but at least it's something. And to Chelsie and Brandon - get out of the house! Sorry, just had to throw that in there!

elizasmom said...

Oooohhh, I am so jealous! I would love to have an overnight getaway w/ my honey. Good for you, glad you had fun!

ThE fRoNkS!... said...

I am glad you had fun. And you are welcome for watching your little ones!!! They were way fun as always.:)

Heidi Reed said...

Yeah, well I just got ditched tonight. Stood up by my own husband. How's that? Get away for one night. Freakin heck, I'd like to get away for a whole week now. BY MYSELF I might add!

So glad you had a great time though (through clenched teeth seething with envy).

XO!!
Heidi

Melissa said...

Sounds like so much fun! Maybe we need to do that... sometime... or something... maybe :)

Leeann said...

Oh, I wish I had the time. A girl's night out would be just as good...with a built in babysitter...Daddy! LOL