Monday, May 26, 2008

Quick Fix a lala



so-if any of you have read my profile, you know that I love to decorate. I espescially get a kick out of finding junk, repurposing it, and making it mine-only way better. So, this is the first post of many of how I have done this.

So-I have a nice bed, but i get sick of stuff-so instead of buying all new things I funk mine up. I know that I have done a good job when my hubby looks at it and says;

"nice" and walks away.

8 comes in and smiles and walks away. (she is either her nor there on stuff that doesn't involve her. Guess that is just how 8 year olds are.

6 come in ans oohs and aahs over it.

3 comes in and says

"that is so cute, I love it mom!"

I really like her when she says things like this.

So-want to see it? I have a great black iron bed-just needed a change. I read a magazine, that said to use a blanked or a rug-fold over head board-clip sides with curtain clips, attach clips to bed with ribbon. before

This is the pic of the blanket attached to headboard. Quick fix huh? I quite like the change. The only thing that I might do is change the ribbon.
So-this is the after shot witht he blanked back board and the bed made. What do you think?

Nothing major-but I like it. NOw-I just need to paint the walls chocolate and change my window treatments and paint my dresses and vanity. That is why I only do one thing at a time, it is mush more satisfying and not so hard. WHen I think of the whole pic-i tend to stress and want it done now! My hubby doesn't like it when i get this why. HMM wonder why?
Swap info-emails with all of your swappers info in your email tomorrow. So go and check her blog and see what she like dislike or needs. Ask her questions if you need to. Just use your imagination and make it awesome! So-check your email! Hope that you all had a great memorial day! A whole lot better than me! :)

10 comments:

Rachel Berry said...

I love your bed! And what a cute quick re-do! That's a great idea. If only I had a headboard to do that to. I am making my hubby make one for our new king size bed.

And no I have yet to find P's book. And I revised my post a little you totally reminded me of my chocolate bing that I have been on lately.

:)rachel

Joy said...

I like the change to your headboard. It really softens the look. Great idea!

Lori said...

good job for little or no money!

Chelsie said...

That looks great Taush!! I love it! If you need help painting...let me know. I hope you're feeling better. Sorry I couldn't help you out...it really was like just the other day that I got rid of the rest of mine. Love ya!

barlows said...

I emailed you.

Melissa said...

It looks great! What a fun, easy re-do! I might have to try that myself :)

Bonnie the Boss said...

I think it turned out really cute. I also know your girls agree.

Bonnie the Boss said...

By the ay how much would you charge me to do my room? I am done with this hell hole.

Alison Wonderland said...

Cute. Will you come redecorate my house, in such a way that it doesn't cost me anything.

EmNichole said...

I think I had that bed... Ikea? I love your re-do... and I am a compulsive "rearranger" like you too!

EmNichole