Thursday, April 24, 2008

Finally.....



I am going to admit it. No more hiding from the facts. It is time that I stood up and admitted who I really am.


I am a closet Lazy Girl! What is a lazy girl you ask? Well-I am so Lazy, that there are some days that I fall asleep sitting up. (this could be a side effect from the meds-but whatever) I am so not a morning person. Now-don't let the word "early" fool ya. I know to some that early means 5, 6 or maybe 7 in the morning. There was a time that was the case. Lately-it is more like 10-10:30. Not kidding people. I am such a lazy girl. I really hate that I am this way. I just can't wake up. It sucks!

My house doesn't get attention until after lunch. I do my best work at dusk. After the children are fed and in bed-I could clean and clean. Maybe that is the problem.

I clean and clean and then when it's time to go to bed I can't shut my brain off and then I can't go to sleep.

Actually, the whole sleep problem is really all my husbands fault. He snores so loud! I can't handle it! My poor honey has had to go down to the couch for the past two nights. So-if any of you have any ideas for the whole snoring husband-let me know.


Also-I really need help with the whole LAZY GIRL thing. How can I get up when the rest of the world does. I figure if I could get out of bed when all the rest of you do-my house could be clean when normal people would see it, not just the people of the night!!

7 comments:

Chelsie said...

I don't know...your brother snores pretty loud! And to make matters worse...jack, who sleeps under our bed...also snores....our nights involve a lot of me nudging brandon until he stops....and hitting the bottom of the bed to make jack stop....it's fabulous

sariqd said...

Has your husband been tested for sleep apnea? My husband has that - and let me tell you how loud it was... I'm completely deaf in my left ear & partially deaf in my right. I had to buy EAR PLUGS to sleep through the night! Seriously, it was that bad. ANYWAY, he's been diagnosed & now sleeps with a machine. Hallelujah - I can sleep now! :)

-sariqd

Melissa said...

No suggestions for the snoring - sorry... as for the cleaning... I make deals with myself. For example: I can talk on the phone for as long as I want as long as I'm scrubbing something, putting something away, folding laundry... etc. Also, if I get a certain amount of work done during the day, there is a reward at the end of the day - a movie I've wanted to see or a special treat. I'll do small increments during the day... clean the bathtub and then I get 5 minutes on the computer... I'm all about the rewards!! It's gotta be worth my time to do the work. I know I should love to care for my home, but I don't. I hate it. A lot. But, if I have something to look forward to, then it's not so bad!

Bonnie the Boss said...

You're not lazy at all you just do your best work in the evenings. Not being a morning person is no crime. I snore way louder than my hubby so maybe you could ask him.

ThE fRoNkS!... said...

WAKE UP!! Just wake up in the morning. I am NOT a morning person either- But, If you just make yourself get up and stay up, It is alot easier. Just forc yourself til it becomes a habit. And for the snoring... I sleep like a rock- so I have no idea what to tell ya. Ask mom- She sleeps with the loudest snorer ever!

Heidi Reed said...

Tausha - Buy him those nose strips. My husband was a snorer too. Those strips worked. Also, if he's on his back while snoring make him roll over to his side. Is he overweight? Mine was when he snored and, I kid you not, when he lost weight his snoring cut waaay back. GL!

Heidi

Rachel Berry said...

Okay this post is so cracking me up because I am the same way. I HATE MORNINGS!! I get more done after lunch and I am usually on the phone chatting it up with a friend while I am working. Don't feel bad. There has to be a support group out there somewhere for us morning haters.. :):):)

:)rachel