Saturday, April 19, 2008

Oh Happy Day!

What a special day it has been! My heart is so full it hurts!
My 8 was baptized today. I am having a really hard time that I am old enough to have a child be baptized. This day has been great! We have really felt the spirit.
I have also cried-alot! What do you expect, I am a big boob anyway-just mix in a emotional day-and you for sure have got some tears that are going to come!
I cried when she got teary eyed as she read the card from me and her dad. I cried when I heard her giggle with excitement. I cried when I saw her all in white. I cried when I held her wrapped in a towell with her teath chattering! I cried when I heard my husbands sweet voice as he confirmed her a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. and when he gave her the Holy Ghost. I cried as she grinned while she shook all the hands of the men that stood inthe circle. I cried when I read the note that her sister wrote telling her she was proud of her and she loved her.
Today has been one of those "Proud Mom Moments" The kind where you know that you are doing something right. How grateful I am to Heavenly Father for loving me so much and blessing me with such a sweet memory!
So-I sit here peacefully as my children play outside without fighting.
Today is defniately a good day!

5 comments:

Chelsie said...

It really was such a neat day. I can't believe she is baptized. On our way back your house she said...I'm going to write when I was confirmed....it was heavy on my head. She is so cute! Thanks for having us over for lunch! Love ya!

Crazycozartclan said...

Ahhh... that's so sweet. I am happy for all of you. Sometimes we forget how quickly they grow up. Congrats on doing such a great job!

ThE fRoNkS!... said...

Wow! you are old!! Old enough to have a kid baptised!!! The day was really great.She is such a good girl. she will be and is such a great example to the other 2. Love ya!

Emily said...

What a special post.

Leeann said...

Now I love you even more! Being a "Mormon Mommy" is like no other thing in the world. If only I would have known how much work it would be...I never would have converted. LOL I'm kidding of course. Congratulations!